Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Dj 8 Mapping a Lauchpad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Recently I've updated my version to Virtual Dj 8 and I wanted to use my old mappers from my lauchpad on the new version. At first there was no issues although when I went to change a command, the LED started to flash as if it was the Level. I was using 8 of the buttons as a "level meter" and it worked great on VDJ7. But now it won't work and it does the same with every LED I decide to change.

This is the command that was used in VDJ7
deck left get_level & param_greater 100% ? get constant 0.10 : get constant 0.13

This is the command that VDJ8 converted
deck left get level & param_greater 100% ? get constant 0.10 : get constant 0.13

They are the exact same except the underscore which has no effect on it. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 7:58 pm
Try this:
deck left param_greater get_level 100% ? get constant 0.10 : get constant 0.13

Also keep in mind that get_level CANNOT be greater than 100%
So, better start with
deck left param_greater get_level 50% ? get constant 0.10 : get constant 0.13
and adjust accordingly

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 3:22 am
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yea how i have it set up is over the 8 LED's that progress up to 100%. I am assuming that between versions that the positioning of "get_level" changed? Because the old one worked on the older version and the command that you suppied doesn't work on Vdj7 but works on Vdj8. Although I had to switch the constant value in order to work for me.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)