Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Mixer section stop working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hello,
last night (saturday) was happened a strange behavior on VirtualDJ (build 2338.1017)
When I switch on my Denon MC-6000, the mixer section doesn't wont work any more with VDJ (the rest of key controller was ok).
I reboot the computer; changed the USB cable, but without success.
But on previous gig (last friday and all the previous) it's work all fine and between 2 gigs I don't made any change on configuration.
The mixer section on controller maps configuration was this:

<map value="GAIN" action="mixer_order 3124 ? nothing : gain" />
<map value="EQ_HIGH" action="mixer_order 3124 ? nothing : param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_high 1 : eq_kill_high 0 &amp; eq_high" />
<map value="EQ_MID" action="mixer_order 3124 ? nothing : param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_mid 1 : eq_kill_mid 0 &amp; eq_mid" />
<map value="EQ_LOW" action="mixer_order 3124 ? nothing : param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_low 1 : eq_kill_low 0 &amp; eq_low" />
<map value="PFL" action="mixer_order 3124 ? nothing : var &apos;$shift&apos; ? deck unload : pfl ? pfl : pfl &amp; deck select" />
<map value="VOLUME" action="mixer_order 3124 ? nothing : volume" />

<map value="GAIN_3124" action="mixer_order 3124 ? gain : nothing" />
<map value="EQ_HIGH_3124" action="mixer_order 3124 ? param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_high 1 : eq_kill_high 0 &amp; eq_high : nothing" />
<map value="EQ_MID_3124" action="mixer_order 3124 ? param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_mid 1 : eq_kill_mid 0 &amp; eq_mid : nothing" />
<map value="EQ_LOW_3124" action="mixer_order 3124 ? param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_low 1 : eq_kill_low 0 &amp; eq_low : nothing" />
<map value="PFL_3124" action="mixer_order 3124 ? var &apos;$shift&apos; ? deck unload : pfl ? pfl : pfl &amp; deck select : nothing" />
<map value="VOLUME_3124" action="mixer_order 3124 ? volume : nothing" />

I don't know why there are 2 definitions for mixer section, probably the editor of VDJ mapper distinguishes any change on this key, based on mixer order.
The file mapper was dated 23 March 2015 (so it's not changed) and it's worked fine before last night.
I also checked, in VDJ options, that the mixer order was "3124": was ok, as usual.
I solved the situation configuring the controller map to Factory Default; taked the above section from this Default Mapper and exchanged on my mapper (with my Eq custom settings) and now it's work ok again.
The new section is:

<map value="GAIN" action="gain" />
<map value="EQ_HIGH" action="param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_high 1 : eq_kill_high 0 & eq_high" />
<map value="EQ_MID" action="param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_mid 1 : eq_kill_mid 0 & eq_mid" />
<map value="EQ_LOW" action="param_equal 0 ? eq_kill_low 1 : eq_kill_low 0 & eq_low" />
<map value="PFL" action="var '$shift' ? deck unload : pfl ? pfl : pfl & deck select" />
<map value="VOLUME" action="volume" />

What's happened ?
I think it's a big problem if it happen to a DJ that doesn't know where to put the hands.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 7:59 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
There was a mapping change realted to this build and controller.

djdad wrote :
As of builds ending at .1014 (or higher) the mapping for Denon MC6000 has the following changes :

- Replaced pitch with pitch 'dual' Avoid hardware soft-takeover with 4 decks.
- Mixer order is now 3124 by default. Users who need a different mixer order, need to change this from the Mixer Options menu (button right above the crossfder in the 4 Decks skin)

I don't know this controller but it sounds like a major change.
There are a couple of German users with the exact same "problem".

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 5:32 am
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Uhm, I'm not conviced:
1) The same version and build was worked fine friday night, with same controller map.
2) I had replace those line with ones taked from default mapper, apparently the same, but now it's working fine
3) The mixer configuration was always "3124" and I don't never changed it (also checked when the issue was exploit).

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 8:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As stated in another thread, due to changes in the definition and mapping, the mixer part of a custom mappings for the MC6000 may not be working.
Users need to either use the "factory" default or modify their existing custom mapping by assigning the follow keys with the default actions
GAIN : gain
EQ_HIGH : eq_high
EQ_MID : eq_mid
EQ_LOW : eq_low
PFL : pfl
VOLUME : volume

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 8:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)