Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: When Opening VDJ computer auto plays

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First time poster. I am a Pro customer. I have searched the forums and couldn't find this topic. Sorry in advance if it already exists. When I open VDJ, if I have left a folder open from a previous nights run, as soon as it fires up it plays the first song in that folder. I have two laptops loaded with vdj 8. Both have identical settings except for things like font size. 2nd laptop doesn't do this at all. Any help would be appreciated.
HP quad core 12 gig ram 750 gig hd.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 11:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using any hardware controller ? Which one ?
If only keyboard is used, can you check with the "factory" default mapping ?
Is this happening with the default skin as well ?

Any chance the skin or any controller/keyboard has some PLAY or Automix action in the ONINIT key assigned ?

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 10:51 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Does it play on a deck or does it "just play"?

If the second is true, I guess it might be the preview player starting to play.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 2:32 am
I'm not using a controller. Keyboard mapped correctly It loads to a deck and plays by itself.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 1:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you delete the settings.xml file from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and still plays a track on launch, then probably your keyboard needs to be replaced.

Note that if the SPACE (assigned as play_pause) is pressed on launch, VirtualDj will auto-load the focused track on the empty deck and will play it.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 2:25 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
In the options for controller mapping, you could set the keyboard to ignore to help troubleshoot.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 5:29 pm
It was action from the oninit key. Thanks for all your help. One happy camper here.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 1:12 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Thank you for coming back and reporting what you found.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 2:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)