Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Right Deck volume output is higher than the left

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When first opened Deck right Volume is way higher than the left Deck with all Volume controls set at default.
This is annoying. Virtual DJ 7 does not have this bug.
If you click the left Deck first to play it is at normal volume levels, then click the Right Deck and the volume is almost Doubled.
If you Click the right Deck first then the left Deck's volume is doubled when played.

From my research on this VDJ8 the Script is way off as effects will not show in the left Deck but works in the right Deck, Reverse the XML lines and then then Left Deck will show the Visuals and not the right. This is with the VDJ8 Skins and the 7 skins really have problems.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 8:51 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No such issue here.

Remove your settings.xml from your Documents\VirtualDJ folder, reopen VDJ. Change no settings - not the sound settings, not the skin, change nothing - then load the same track on both decks and play them one at a time and compare the output.

If it's still doing it after you've done that then please post a video or contact support.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 3:19 pm
Thank You SBDJ you are really kind as you always respond to my need for help. I have done that, and removed the settings XMLs and still have the same issues.
What happens is when VDJ8 started, if I click play on the left deck then it plays at default levels then I click on the right deck and the volume is much louder than the left.
I then close it completely and reopen the VDJ8 and I click on the right deck and it is normal, then the left deck and it becomes double in volume, If I double click any of the two gain controls it bounces them into the default volume settings and then is ok for the left and right levels until closed and then opened again and the problem starts up again. I went through the XML file and there are no gain control errors found, all is good in the XML.
VDJ7 works smoothly every time when loaded. I really want to see this VDJ8 get fixed and work smoothly. I have found other bugs, it is very picky on the skin's XML files and does show very dirty looking round knobs, when they are turned, you can see the edges of the Masks turning with them, depends on who's skins are being used. Also VDJ8 will not allow panel layers to work correctly for visuals to be seen as the top panel layer covers the bottom panel layer and that visual effect is masked out, VDJ7 allows for this, and that is why the visuals, such as rotating objects and flashing leds get disabled in VDJ8. ZANARD's x-48 skins are a good example of these errors. I know this is very trivial for these type of problems and there are much bigger bugs to fix, it would be a good thing to get these little errors addressed also.
All in all, I am confident that VDJ8 will finally get fixed, that is why I try and report any odd anomalies that I find.
I will for sure buy the Pro Version when things get repaired and are done. The VDJ7 skins should work and be compatible with VDJ8, but not yet.
Thank You SBDJ for you help!
Jon J.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 6:17 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Could it be your auto gain settings? Does this happen if you load the same song into both decks?.

Have you tried current downloads from the site with all the default settings?

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 10:56 am
Yes even with the same song. I did notice that the gain control will sometime adjust itself when a song is first loaded, but the same song has the exact same volume level. It is a very weird kinda of bug. What is strange is if I double click both left and right gain controls before I play the same song, it will snap into place at default volume. What I realized was the the louder volume is the correct volume and the lower one is wrong and when clicked it raises up to normal.
And yes I did get the downloads from the home page and it is the latest build.
Thank You for your reply.
Jon J.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 3:42 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
What are your auto gain settings?

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 5:16 pm
I just tried and could not reproduce. Is the cross fader centered?

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 2:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)