Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Getting control portion of Numark iDJ3 controller working on VirtualDJ 7 on Yosemite Macbook Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been using VDJ7 on an old 1stGen Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard using the iDJ3 for quite sometime. I don't use the sound device portion of the iDJ3; I have another dedicated sound device. I merely use it for MIDI control.

If I remember, one of the reasons I switched from Traktor to VirtualDJ was that it seemed to support this controller out of the box. But my memory is faded. I had since customized a few buttons in the Mapper Preferences.

I've since upgraded to a new Macbook Pro i7, last year's model, with Yosemite. I haven't upgraded to VDJ8 yet, but trying to get my existing setup recreated on the new Macbook. I downloaded and installed the iDJ3 drivers from Numark's site. That seemed to make a new 'Generic MIDI Mapper' show in Preferences, but not the iDJ3 mapper that shows on the old Mac.

I copied over my VirtualDJ guilder l folder from Documents, including the Mapper folder. This includes the iDJ3 XML file. So why won't it show? Any idea?

I am next going to install a general MIDI monitor app on the new Mac to see if the device is even sending any data. But any advice would be highly appreciated!

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 3:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)