Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Right click problem with touchscreen (single touch)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, since the birth of virtualdj 8 ive not been able to do a right click in v8.
to do a right click on my "Microtouch 7" panel i hold my finger down for a few seconds and a transparent box appears, this in windows invokes a right-click.. in v8 it doesn't do anything and never quite has.
Please could the dev team look into this?
I appreciate that they might not have an older touch panel to test on but if any Devs wanna inbox me for more info i will help out where i can :)

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 8:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Right-click is available in version 8. E.g. if you hold your finger over a track, you should get the Right-click menu, correct ?
The default Touch skin may not have many right-click actions assigned though. A custom skin could have as many as you want.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 8:58 pm
Right click in browser works, but say for example if you need to do a right click on stop to unload a track it works with a mouse but not touch screen..

Right click on a custom button to edit it dosent work
right click on a cue point button dosent work (where right click with mouse would edit it or delete)

This happens in all skins.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 12:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Right click like this is not possible in the skin because it would mean all presses have to be delayed until release in order to determine if a left or a right click was meant.
Obviously this wouldn't work for a program like virtualdj where timing is crucial.
You need the buttons to respond instantly as soon as they are pressed.

A custom skin could decide to have buttons do different things on long press for specific buttons where this could be acceptable though

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 10:31 pm
Ima gonna end up with 99 custom buttons on my skin at this rate (which wouldn't be a bad thing)

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 4:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As Adion mentioned, if you dont really care about how responsive some actions may be, you can use ...
action="holding ? action if you hold the button for a while : action if you release without holding much
so this could save you even half of your custom buttons ;)

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 4:53 pm
So, is there a command i can use to put all the custom buttons into edit mode??

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 12:16 pm
right click works (im a touch user for ages now) however there are some issues..

for me the right click panel (options window) sometimes just shows up... and you cant really discard it... sometimes I have several open at the same time and the only way to get rid of it is click in another browser panel or even sometimes to "load on deck XYZ"

and I still think its a shame that you cant swipe tracks from side list to the right into oblivion. (swipe seleted tracks form side list / automix list) to the right and then delete them (like in V7)
would be a nice workflow hack

;-)

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 3:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)