Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Auto gain not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running the latest version of VDJ8 Pro on my Mac and auto gain is not working properly. Instead of adjusting the gain to the best level to avoid clipping, it just sets every track to 0 by default. I have tried both "auto" & "auto + remember" with the same results. Almost every track has too much gain and results in clipping/distortion. This problem seemed to start when I started using my Numark NS6 controller.

I am a long time monthly license subscriber and would like to purchase the full software but would rather not do so while having these technical problems

Thank you for your help.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 1:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
With autoGain set to auto, and gainSliderIncludesAutoGain set to yes, you should see the gain slider centered when loading a new track.
When it is centered, it means autoGain is applied and the track is normalized.

You can check the amount of gain that was applied in order to normalize the track by checking the tooltip when hovering over the gain slider.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 2:43 am
Were you able to correct the volume issue on the controller? I have the SAME ISSUE with my Numark NV controller where the volume increases tremendously when loading tracks as one side is playing. I have to manually turn my volume knob to infinity then back to zero and manually adjust to proper volume cause it's red lining the leds on my controller. Let me know if you figured out how to correct the issue. Thanks! jimmy aka DJ Jimmy Z

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 9:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@virtualdjbuda1
You probably have incorrect audio configuration or the NV sound card is not properly set in quadraphonic (4 speakers) mode.
Make sure the NV is not the Default sound card of your OS.
Check that its properly detected as 2 stereo channels, meaning that its set as 4 speakers
and strongly advised to disable Enhancements.
All the above can be found if you right click on the speakers icon on windows Taskbar and choose playback devices.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 11:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)