Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ SX2 Filter Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
The following issue exists since the release of the mapper, it's not new...
The filter knobs are messed up on the controller, with only about 25% of turning them right or left you are soon on the limit!
I don't know if there is a hardware filter on the SX2 and at the same time a software one through VDJ, that makes this drastical curve, but they are somewhat useless.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 3:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its hardware. You can tell from the mapping of the ONINIT key (fake_filter on).
there could be a setting in the UTILITIES of the DDJ-SZ to adjust the resonance though, Please check.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 4:53 pm
Thank you for your answer, but there isn't such a setting for DDJ SX2 (not SZ as you have written).
The filter knobs on VDJ are also moving, that's why i'm thinking that the HW and the soft filter are applied at the same time...

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 4:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ah sorry, you said SX2, not SZ. My bad.
Ok the applied Filter on the SX2 is a software one, which means that you can adjust the resonance by either changing the setting FilterDefaultResonance or assigning a (custom) knob as filter_resonance

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 4:45 am
I've changed the resonance from VDJs settings but the result is about the same, only 25% of turning either the way makes a full apply of the filter

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 7:34 am
I still got no responce after my latest feedback, is anything i can do?
Also i've set the sampler output to Channel 4, until some builds ago i could use the filter on the sampler through this channel, but it's not any more possible...

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 10:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)