Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: TAG fields PROBLEMS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Today I Loaded a Bunch of Songs (latest PROMO ONLY files) and Noticed that the ARTIST Tag field on the database is BLANK.
Before we GO off.. YES the MP3 tag field of the file Contains the artist name, BUT is not CARRIED Over to the Database.

I TRIED the Reload TAGS and the Load Tags/Tittle (from the Dropdown box), But Nothing happens (still has blank Artist field).

This problem MUST of just Started since the Artist field is filled in for all my other MP3 files (Prior songs loaded to the database).

Another PROBLEM that is Occurring is;
When the YEAR Tag field is BLANK (no date) and the file is Loaded to the Database (recurse) IT FILLS it with the year 2000.

I Don't Have these PROBLEMS with VDJ7
I add the Same songs (files) to the Database (Recurse and Analzed), and I can See that the Artist name is filled in and if the Year is blank, it stays blank.

Can someone help Correct these Issues..
Thanks
Jose

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 1:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you open the tag editor, does it show that there is an artist field filled in the tag?

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 2:38 am
Adion..
Yes I Opened the Tag Editor and the ARTIST field is BLANK on the songs I'm just adding (selected with scan = o / 1st time loaded to analyzed).
Again I can see the FILLED tag field (artist and other tags), looking at the file Properties), also see them with a Tag editor software, AND in the VDJ 7 Database (& Tag editor)

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 3:47 pm
what type of tags are in your files that do not work ... id3v1, id3v2.3, id3v2.4 or ape?

ape and id3v1 tags aren't being read from my experience

if your files are from the promo only pool service they have id3v2.3 tags and these work perfectly i use them all the time and added some today to my database without issue i am on a PC with win 7 64bit if that matters.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 4:05 pm
Again..
The Only Tag Problem I had before the last few Updates, was that the Year Tag Field (WHEN BLANK, it would PUT the year 2000 in the Tag)
The other Tag fields (i.e. Artists, Title, Album, etc.) would be loaded CORRECTTLY (fields filled In).

All my files from Previous Updates (Added to the Database) Have the Artists tag field filled in.

I take the SAME files (songs stored in Library) and ADD them to the Version 7 Database WITHOUT any Issues (Tags filled in)

What Type of tags I have, I can not tell you (id3V2.3 ?).
I have songs (MP3 files) from different sources PromoOnly Download Pool, BPM Supreme Pool, and stuff I Ripped from CDs (using Roxio NXT Pro). And all the NEWLY Added files are having this problem.

BTW I'm using
. PC machine with an intel I7 processor
. My Music is stored on external hard drive (1.5TB)
. Denon MC6000 controller

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 10:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)