Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 7/8 error glitches

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to give you an update related to my VDJ 7/8 and the Omnitronic TMC-3 controller.
To be honest, both versions are unstable, especially the buttons automatically start to move without touching anything. Second .. There are configuration settings that can not be saved such as the crossfader (put off), but automatically become reactivated. Thirdly, the BPM tempo`s changed every time. And when you close VDJ, and then start again, then VDJ goes on tilt with all the buttons that move by themselves. I have to release the controller, and then reconnect before VDJ can be used again.

I tried using USB power, and power adapter, and both give the same result. Also, I tried on 3 different computers, include pro sound card and onboard (Saffire). My conclusion is that the software and MIDI mapper works unstable. I read in the forum that this is a known problem, so I hope this can be fixed. I try to find a solution, and make fine tuning of the whole configuration, such as latency and behavior of my USB port(s). It now seems to function reasonably well but still the MIDI mapper is unstable especially some buttons that will move by itself.

My pc`s:
PC(1) Intel® Core™ i7-2600 3.4Ghz/8gb ((snd onboard) and etx.snd Focusrite Saffire Pro 24)
PC(2) Intel® Core Duo™ 3.16Ghz/4gb (snd onboard)
PC(3) HP Laptop G62 Intel® Core™ i3 Processor i3-330M 2.13 GHz/4gb (snd onboard)

note:
I previously used the Numark Total Control without any problems I described here above.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 6:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)