Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: HW button vs SW button: not work correctly from HW mapper [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hello, I notice that same functions work not correctly if it called by button controller (Hardware mapper).
Scenario:
A) 4 Decks configuration skin (also with VDJ8 default skin)
B) Deck 1 (upper) with pitch +2.00
C) Deck 3 (down) with pitch +0.00

With Deck 1 on upper view, if I press the swap Deck Button (1-3), on the Hardware controller, to switch the Deck 3 on upper, the pitch of Deck 3 it change same as Deck 1 (from +0.00 to +2.00) :-(
If I press the Deck button change on the skin, it's work correctly (the pitch of Deck 3 stay with it's value +0.00).

The code to do it it's seem the same:

- From mappers (Denon DN-MC6000):
<map value="DECK_CHG" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 1 leftdeck : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 rightdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 rightdeck : nothing" />

- From skin XML code:

<button class="minicues" action="var '@$decks' 0 ? leftdeck : deck 3 leftdeck">
<tooltip>Select this deck as Left Deck</tooltip>
<pos x="+712" y="+14"/>
<text size="15" format="LEFT"/>
</button>

What's wrong ?

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 5:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have the feeling that its a hardware thing. Lots of controllers behave the same. When the layer of Deck 1 is selected on your controller, it actually "moves" both pitch faders so that when you switch decks, you can still move the pitch without having a "dear air". Its called hardware soft-takeover.

Try to assign the pitch fader of your controller as .. pitch 'dual'

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 1:59 pm
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Thank You DjDad, now with your trick it work as I want.
Is there an updated index/help/list of this commands and parameters for controller ?
Also, the VDJ script help page, I think, is not updated with latest verbs/actions added by newer version of VDJ.

Thank You very much for attention.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 2:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As of builds ending at .1014 (or higher) the mapping for Denon MC6000 has the following changes :

- Replaced pitch with pitch 'dual' Avoid hardware soft-takeover with 4 decks.
- Mixer order is now 3124 by default. Users who need a different mixer order, need to change this from the Mixer Options menu (button right above the crossfder in the 4 Decks skin)

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 11:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)