Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-Wego disconnects randomly from Virtual DJ 8.00 mac build 2305.994

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hezbotPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I recently updated my VDJ8 software and upon using it, my controller randomly disconnects forcing me to adjust the controls on the computer itself. By disconnect, I am referring to my controller staying on and music continuing to play but I cannot use any of my mapped controls or generate a response from touching my jog wheels. If I restart the controller and VDJ8, it works normally again but after a few songs, it will disconnect again.

What I have tried:
1. Connecting into a different USB port for power - this has not helped
2. Connecting via a different cable - has not helped
3. Confirmed that my drivers and firmware are up to date. Firmware v. 1.09, no drivers required for Mac.

Computer configurations:
2012 Macbook Pro
OS 10.10.3
Virtual DJ 8.00 mac build 2305.994

Are there compatibility issues with VDJ 8 build 2305.994 and Yosemite?
Can I roll back to an older build? If so, how do I do this?

I have had this issue in the past with another build update but it went away after the next build was installed. At this time, I did not record the build history or create a ticket. My apologies.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 11:07 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 12:19 pm
I have tried rolling back to four different builds (2185, 2282, 2204, 2245), all of which do not work in the same way as described above. The controller is able to connect, load songs, play songs but ultimately, it disconnects from the software (no functions on my controller are able to trigger changes in the audio output) meanwhile music continues to play. If I turn my controller off, the music will stop.

What do you recommend? I have a show in 2 weeks...

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 6:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you reproduce at home ? Or is this happening on a certain venue ?
Could be some issue with the some units with large power consumption turning on/off and causing a temporary voltage drop or some signal interference ? Can you try for a couple of hours with the laptop just on battery (if that doesnt put your gig in risk ) ?

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 9:02 pm
This is currently happening at home with my laptop being charged and on battery.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 11:30 pm
A few more updates here:

1. I have confirmed with Pioneer that I have all the correct firmware and driver configurations.
2. After installing VDJ 7 pro, my controller no longer crashes. This is consistent with the demo versions of both Traktor 2 and Serato DJ.

At this point, I am pretty confident my issue is software related.

While I am thankful that I have a software that I mostly familiar with to use in 2 weeks time, I do find it frustrating to have lost all my cues, history (i'm going to copy these files over to see if they are VDJ7 compatible) and have to set it up again to what I am used to seeing. VDJ8 developers, this issue is now in your hands.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 1:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)