Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Version virtualdj_pc_v8.0.2282 Still broken!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the free version for now and want to purchase the Pro 8, but not at this time of the release as it is not compatible with recent VDJ 7 Skins. Most of the 7 skins and earlier Skins lose their visual effects and can not be repaired even with the purchased Skin Creator. Beautiful past skins loose all of their abilities for visual effects. Missing led beats, no more rotating Turntables, many function buttons cease to work and do nothing. Also there is a problem of the rotating transparent visuals showing from bitmap problems that I did fix in the bitmaps themselves, by adjusting the white transparencies areas to remove the lines that rotate around the turn tables.
This bitmap problems are also happening in the version 8 skins. Rotating knobs are very dirty around their edges due to the bitmap textures not being painted correctly.

Virtual DJ 8 is not compatible with the 7.4 skins. Even the Pioneer WeGo had to be rebuilt for it to work with 8. If I knew how to repair their skins I would, and I am trying to find out what the necessary fixes are, I would repair them and return them to their original creators as compatible with 8 as helping hand to help them.
I will not purchase 8 at this time due to compatibility problems.

Now the good aspects of 8, it has much better graphics and clarity as far as the text and detail, with no more problems with aspect ratios. The Browser is greatly improved and is easier to use. The album tag's options are much easier to adjust for Cover Art.

Please fix the compatibility bugs and 8 would be the greatest release ever!
If you need my help for reporting the issues, Just contact me and I would be more than happy to assist. I have been spending many hours of enjoyment repairing the things that can be fixed and would like to continue to help out if you need me. I am very good with xml files and bitmap work.
Thank You for reading this and improving the Virtual DJ experience.
Jon J.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 9:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could you point us a couple of skins that dont work as expected ? (links from our Plugins page please if possible)

Is this the only thing that prevents you from purchasing a license ?

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 10:02 pm
I will for sure find one of the skins that are having problems and share it with whom it may concern. I do not want to buy it now with these bugs. But will try to help fix them if I can. I will for sure buy the license when the software works as it should. I do have the free version for now and it works for fixing the skins and does not have a time limit as I can see. It just does not allow me full use with controllers until I purchase it. It work for getting all of my mp3s in order and tagged. I am not using this software for anything else other than fixing bugs. My apologies your swap 4 decks was not the one that had problems. I had looked at the wrong files. Your deck is perfect and work flawlessly. I am looking for the ones that are not working. Please stand by and I will find some that do not work with 8.
Jon J.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 10:40 pm
This is a problem for the xml file see example below
--- Sampler ---
<button panel="br2" action="page 'sampler'" > A gap is also a slight problem as xml files should be closed better with no gaps, but seems to not cause serious problems.
<pos x="577" y="450"/>
<size width="104" height="17"/>
<selected x="+0" y="1662"/>> Wrong You can not have this kind of error as this button panel will not work with 2 greater than symbols as shown, serious error.
<over x="+0" y="1643"/>
<tooltip>Show Sampler</tooltip>
</button>

Must be as seen below.<button panel="br2" action="page 'sampler'">
<pos x="577" y="450"/>
<size width="104" height="17"/>
<selected x="+0" y="1662"/>
<over x="+0" y="1643"/>
<tooltip>Show Sampler</tooltip>
</button>
I hope this helps, I have found this in several skins that do not function properly until the double >> is corrected to one >.
Jon J.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 11:58 pm
Djdad I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your awesome high Tech Decks, you are the one along with Zanard that have the best that I have seen!
Jon J.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 12:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The actions page 'sampler|effects etc" are deprecated. Sampler, Effects etc are now part of the internal Browser. So simply those buttons are not necessary and wont do anything. This means that either you need to remove them from whatever skin you are using (and create more vertical space for the Browser) or simply ignore them and access Sampler from the sideview.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 5:04 pm
Thank You Djdad you are very correct, that is what I have been doing, I have been repairing the Virtual DJ 7 skins and keeping the original skins for 7 and then removing those buttons for 8 and then having 2 separate skins one for each version of VDJ. I was checking more skins last night and all of the, and almost every one of them the EQ knobs do not work in 8 and are turned and are locked counter clockwise. Example the Pioneer CDJ-400+DJM 909 VDJ 7, Pioneer CDJ-2000+Mixer Numark DMX-909, Pioneer CDJ-900+DJM 400 Alien skin and many many more of these type of skins no visual rotating effects due to the Z-order FS9 xml terminologies of the xml codes and stuck EQ knobs , Your DDJ-WEGo is also broken in 8, but was modded by someone with a larger browser and works perfectly now.
One more noticeable problem in 8 the the right decks volume @ default settings when first loaded is way louder than the left, But just touch the slider slightly and it jumps down to normal levels, DJ 7 does not do this and loads perfectly balance in 1 & 2 volume levels. Also there are weird kinda of transparent rectangular boxes the show up on some of the 7 skins and in 8 they were not transparent as they should have been, but Ugly black boxes cover the bitmap areas, I found 2 of them to be the Time Code of some sort and along with rotating lines from the white transparent square edges, but easily fixed by touching up them up (Widening Them) in the bitmaps.
Jon J.

I will keep working on the skins as I go and report what i find. Would like to see this version 8 worth the purchase.
Jon J.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 6:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)