Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 Mac OS Fail to add songs to DB database? Even when you can see the song through the Explorer!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Fails to load songs, but will add them if you click on them one at a time? I would really love to hear, how to add the songs in BATCH and why it will add them one at a time. See the video of it in action. Please watch the video before saying click on batch, then click add to DB, because that obviously does not work. External 1tb HDD is formatted to EXFAT, running Yosemite, brand new 15" Macbook Pro 2.5ghz i7, 512ssd, 16gb RAM, GT 750m.
I have someone to cover my gig tonight so I can get this fixed today, I have gigs Fri, Sat, Sun, that need to be flawless. So I would appreciate a fix for this ASAP! Cheers.
VDJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRkVhIbAlU

At least VDJ8 seems to run stable as opposed to VDJ7 which seems to fail in less than 2 minutes and seems to loose memory of DB overnight!
VDJ7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3oZzRpA5uY

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 6:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Inside the original folders (from Finder), you have zip files, mp3+cdg or both (3 files) per track ?
Can you see if having just the zip helps at any way ?

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 6:58 pm
It seems as though the majority of problems are with zip files, if I unzip them they will add through batch, or I can right click on each song and it works, either way it's a lose, lose. If I unzip every file I double the space it takes (waste of space) click on every song (waste of time) hours of work and still I don't like VDJ8 mainly because the bottom-middle, sidelist (that places songs that were on a platter but were changed to save for later and you don't have to remember which songs were skipped) from VDJ7 is missing. If there is a way to add this function to VDJ8 I would be more comfortable with it.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 7:06 pm
The video was not clear so cant be sure, but i think i saw both files there, actually 3 files, one zip , one mp3 and one cdg.. or no ?
Try to copy a few zip files to a new folder (just the zip files) and see if with just the zip files, the issue is still present.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 7:17 pm
Sorry about the video quality. The zipped files are the problem, for some reason VDJ sees them but will not add them to the DB. Unless you directly right click on it one at a time. There are other zipped files that the vdj explorer does not see at all. The ones it sees BTW VDJ7 added although it would stop functioning after just a couple of folders were added to the DB.

Another problem is when I try to add my Logo to the video screen the dialogue box does not appear and VDJ in effect is frozen. Then I have to force quit.

On my PC when I use my DDJ-SX it draws more CPU and that's where I've had crashing on PC version of VDJ. I have not hooked iy up to the new Macbook yet and with all the trouble I've had I am more than concerned with the amount of time I have spent trying to get this up and running. I hope it's worth it.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 9:04 pm
Maybe irrelevant, but can you check if the setting showZipKaraoke is enabled ? (Its in the Advanced Settings)

and just to be sure, in your folders only zip files exist, right ? The zip files are not unzipped , correct ?

One other thing, as i saw you posted in another thread.. Can you check the read/write permissions of your Hard Drive ? and maybe use the Disk Utility to Repair Permissions too ?

And last but not least. You really dont have to dig every relevant topic just to post the same issue. We understand your frustration but most likely this has to do with some settings in your computer/hard drive etc. and not with the software itself.
So if you really need to help you and find a solution, stick to a single thread and provide as many as information possible.
Thanks

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 9:45 pm
djdad wrote :
Maybe irrelevant, but can you check if the setting showZipKaraoke is enabled ? (Its in the Advanced Settings)

and just to be sure, in your folders only zip files exist, right ? The zip files are not unzipped , correct ?

One other thing, as i saw you posted in another thread.. Can you check the read/write permissions of your Hard Drive ? and maybe use the Disk Utility to Repair Permissions too ?

And last but not least. You really dont have to dig every relevant topic just to post the same issue. We understand your frustration but most likely this has to do with some settings in your computer/hard drive etc. and not with the software itself.
So if you really need to help you and find a solution, stick to a single thread and provide as many as information possible.
Thanks

My bad, understood but, if I need to acquire new software and start from get go i
I am going to be Fk'd. I have been comfortable with VDJ for so long I am really good with it and I don't want to have to jump through any more hoops than I already am with MAC, being an amateur at mac person. I've been comfortable with VDJ7 too long. Love what Macbook brings but I have a very, very short return period to, return and buy a newer Alienware MacDaddy, that can handle HD videos at 720p stable at times(not all the time). Super surprised that after this long no one else has experienced these issues. Have much more to discuss but super tired, gone. BTW love the DJ Drops you can make in VDJ8, did 2 today..NICE

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 1:50 am
Show zip karaoke was on. What is stupid is that even if I play the songs they do not add to the database!!!!!!!

Songs will play but to locate the songs, I have to know the directory and navigate directly there to find the songs.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 1:51 pm
Appears that for some reason, VirtualDJ cannot write to the database of your Hard Drive.
If your Hard Drive contains other file types such as audio or video files, can you try to see if there is an issue with those files too or related only to zip karaoke files ?
Can you rightclick on the VirtualDJ folder in the root directory of your Hard Drive and see if you have Read/Write permissions ?
did you try to repair Permissions from Disk Utiltity ?

One other thing...
Right-click on any of those Karaoke files that appears not to be part of the database (has that red icon) and choose Tag Editor. Post a screenshot of that window here.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 4:50 pm
Well this is FKD up. Now after 3 days of unzipping and adding folders, all of the sudden all the files are adding normally. nothing has changed, no settings have been altered. BS I am so pissed it didn't work properly at first. Waste of so much time.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 1:20 am
I am missing 12k karaoke songs, all the visible songs mysteriously added last night. All the red X's disappeared and I have no idea how it happened. I didn't change any settings. I was going through several folders and unzipping files that were Red X, shut it down and when I restarted it they all were gone (Red X's). The 12k songs missing are apparently unreadable by the Macbook.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 3:48 pm
UPDATE, After shutting MAcbook down and starting up, A majority of the files have turned red X again!

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 5:45 pm
After using it last night, a vast majority of songs that had been in the database do not play, error etc. I am referring to songs that have a green tag on them as well as the ones with red "X"'s

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)