Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: playlist_load_and_keep & play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When playing backing tracks for singers I have started using "playlist_load_and_keep & play". This is not my normal way of loading tracks, but I have a good wee setup where I'm working off of a tablet FOH.

Normally when you load a track it will remove dead air and play from the start of the track, playlist_load_and_keep & play will load the track however it will play from the start with any dead air that's on the track too. Average silence between songs is around 3 seconds which is horrible, some singers use karaoke tracks which have 10 seconds of silence to deal with.

Is there a work around that I could use? or do you think this may be a minor bug?

Craig.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 7:35 am
you can use CUE.

Set CUE point then play at the CUE point.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 9:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Maybe set up load points... maybe.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 9:57 pm
Thanks for the help guys but the logistics for the amount of track, plus only being given tracks at the last minute rules this out.

Really the perfect solution would be...when a song in deck 1 is playing the next track would (from playlist) load into deck 2, that way "play" would start deck 2. This would obviously need to alternate between both decks. The songs need to play back to back without cross fade.

I've seen similar requests in the past, but unsure if there's a solution. As far as I'm aware we can't script "playlist_load_inactive_deck_and_keep" or something similar.

@locodog (MD20/20) - any funky scripts up your sleeve for this? ;-)

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 3:44 pm
Tried a few different variations but the below will do for now.

deck 1 select ? deck 2 select & playlist_load_and_remove : deck 1 select & playlist_load_and_remove

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 6:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)