Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Really need help with audio settings - no sound through headphones!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

I've had a problem for a while now where I can't get any sound through my headphones when they're plugged into the jack on my Numark Mixtrack Pro 2's, and it's really annoying and frustrating. I'm currently running Virtual DJ 7 on a Packard Bell Laptop, with Mixtrack Pro 2's.

Now here is where I think I run into my problem, I don't run my audio from the back of the decks (phono) to powered speakers, I run the audio through a two-way splitter out of the audio/headphone jack on the side of my laptop. One side of the splitter's audio goes to my Harman Kardon Soundsticks and its two satellite speakers. The other side of the splitter's audio runs to my Technics Amp which, through speaker wire, powers two Mission Loudspeakers. So basically, I have two sources of audio, and it sounds amazing to me, but I can't use headphones, and obviously that's imperative when it comes to DJing.

I've tried using Serato, and for some strange reason, that only works with headphones when I run the phono cable from the back of the Mixtrack to the 'tuner' channel in the back of the Technics amp, strange, that's the only one that produces audio for me, apart from aux but I can't use my headphones through that.

I've tried changing around the settings, and using the recommended Numark Mixtrack Pro setting, but there's no audio at all. Does anyone know how I can possibly get the Soundsticks, Technics Amp and headphones all to work at the same time with my decks, or tell me your setup if you use an amp with it, because surely not everyone uses speakers like Rokit speakers?

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help, I really appreciate it. Most annoying thing ever!

Cal.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 5:25 pm
I think you've answered your own question there!

Controllers like the MTP are designed to be run with the internal audio interface handling all the sound. You should not be using the laptop audio output.

You say that it works fine when using the MTP phono outputs to your tuner input - yes, as that's the correct way of using the MTP.

Just get yourself another cable that splits the phono outputs from the MTP to feed your Soundsticks and amp (or maybe even just use one set of speakers).

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 5:35 am
I ran into this problem lastnight, seeing that I upgraded to El Capitan and there's no driver for my ns6 yet.
Had to use my mixtrack pro II and get no sound in headphones.

What I did to get some sound is this; went to setup>controllers and selected the cue volume, and the sound immediately came on...I also switched from headphone_volume to headphone_gain.

That seemed to help.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 6:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)