Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: My Library "Compatable" Filter Folder question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings. I know this is a dumb question but can anyone talk me through the creation of some filter folders? I use the heck out of the My Library add-on and its "Compatible" filter folder. It's great for genre hopping . . .

Problem is, I often have a specific genre in mind that I want to pick from during a gig. I keep my dj songs separated into folders on my hard drive that are named for the genre of music that resides in each one. I don't use iTunes to organize my tracks, instead I do it the old school way where rap tunes are in a folder named "Rap" and all are tagged as such, and so on for each genre.

What I want to do is keep the existing filter command that comes with the default My Library "Compatible" filter folder but add on specific folder names like "Compatible 1960s" or "Compatible Electro" and that only search for comparable songs within those folders, instead of my whole library. I want to keep the default "Compatible" search criteria with these new filter folders (because I'm used to the types of results that it produces) but add a way to focus the criteria on specific folders. I've attached a picture of my file structure and cut and pasted what I believe to be the default "Compatible" filter script for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Default My Library "Compatible" filter folder script - Bpm Difference <2 and Key Difference <1 and exists = 1

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 6:53 pm

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 6:53 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
There are two ways to do that:

1. Create additional filter folder with script action:
Bpm Difference <2 and Key Difference <1 and exists = 1 and genre="Electro"

or even

Bpm Difference <2 and Key Difference <1 and exists = 1 and genre contains "Electro"
if you have similar genre like "Electro House" i.e.

Create a filter folder inside your genre folderes with the script action
Bpm Difference <2 and Key Difference <1 and exists = 1

and set the Scope of the filter folder to "folder".
You are only able to set the scope of a filter folder if the filter folder is nested in another folder.
If it's not, you won't see the Scope dropdown box.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 7:41 am
Thank you!!! I think I may try the last suggestion first. Now it has me thinking, I wonder if I can create it but then make a shortcut of it in the VDJ tree . . . Now I can't wait to get home and experiment.

Peace.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 1:57 pm
Everything worked with the second option. My only tweak was that I set the filter zone to "Folder (Recursed)" instead of "Folder".

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)