Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: You'll think I'm crazy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Asus X750JB, WIndows 8, VDJ8. When I'm at home, if I click on the VDJ8 icon on the start page, or the app page, VDJ8 opens promptly. When I leave the house to gig, regardless of the venue location, I have to click on both icons several times to get VDJ8 to open. Sometimes I have to click'em so many times I get worried the program isn't going to open. This is a common happening, at a gig, before hooking anything to the laptop. I get home, it works fine.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 10:03 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
A difference might be you being on the Internet at home and not at a gig.
It may not be VDj, but another application trying to phone home and causing the whole system to delay.
Do you use the Internet at a gig? Maybe disable your wireless before you leave for the gig if you don't.
Do you let the laptop fully boot while setting other things up? Maybe start it up, log in,and then put up speakers and lighting, etc. After that, try starting VDj.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 11:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Maybe the VDJ server is busy at gig time (1000's of logins going on), maybe the site's (read venue) network is busy or just a bit rubbish.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 11:26 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
what is the difference in terms of set-up? Different sound card, a different HD,...?

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 6:07 pm
Hey you guys are right! I didn't realize the internet connection can affect the opening of VDJ8. Just disconnected from net here at home and it took 4 clicks on the icons to get VDJ8 to open. Reconnected to the net and VDJ8 pops open with one click. I have a better understanding now, Thanks guys!!

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 3:58 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My point with that was that it may not be VDJ itself, but other software looking for Internet and pausing your PC

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 9:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)