Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 & Denon MC6000mk2 script command "shift"...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I'm pretty newbie with programming buttons but I try to learn it even it feels complex, been reading and trying for hours...
So this is what I try to do now... There is a Beat button on the MC6000mk2, which I programmed like this: "FX1_BEATS" - "deck 1 key_move"
to get a function of moving the key... Same with FX2_BEATS, to the 2. deck ... So my question is, how can I set up so I can also change the key
on the 3. and 4th deck while holding the shift-button? I understand that I have to use "var '$shift' or something, but I don't seem to get it right...
Any kind souls out there that can help with a command-line?

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 2:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
var '$shift' ? deck 3 key_move : deck 1 key_move

Explained; is the variable called '$shift' pressed ? Yes it is pressed, do stuff, : No it isn't pressed, do original stuff

(side note $ means it is global, covers all decks)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:11 pm
Yes that's exactly how I thought it should be, but it only works on deck 3 with that command-line... regardsless if i press shift...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:39 pm
Show me your mapping for your shift button.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:45 pm
Ok your HW has assigns for FX, that might be taking over,

why not try just simple

"key_move"
and work the assign buttons?

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:54 pm
Hmm, strange... worked perfectly after a restart of virtual dj. thank you :)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:56 pm
SHIFT assignment -
set '$shift' 1 while_pressed & set 'shift' 1 while_pressed

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:58 pm
Hmm, and I found out it was much easier to assign without shift, just use left and right instead of deck number, and use the deck switch button. Using this also on filter knobs.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 5:49 am
Wow, nostalgic thread hehe... Have learned so much about the software and hardware since then... Can't believe I asked for this hehe...

Just want to share a little thing I am experimenting with these days about key-changing. I am using a 4-channel mixer and have mapped key_smooth to the front knobs, one for each channel. When I load and clone one song (or mix, easier to learn this with more time) to all channels, at least 3 of them, and have one channel for each of the 3 equalizers and play carefully with for example the channel that is for bass, changing the key smooth up and down following the beat. Or up before a break in the song, and back to normal just before the break is finished. Also playing with effects on each channel. This is awesome, making remixes is pretty interesting with this method. :)

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 7:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)