Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Nesting Filter Folders not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey VDJ -

I've just got a couple bugs manifesting, but generally the setup of everything has gone quite smoothly!

I've created some filter folders (and a virtual folder) - and have been trying to get them to nest together.

How do you get them to nest? I have tried dragging and dropping and while I can reorder easily I don't see how they would nest.

Perhaps this is a bug? Or maybe I am missing something easy.

Thanks,

GM

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:12 am
It's all to do with where you drag the Virtual Folder to. If you want them to nest, you need to make sure that the little red line that appears as you are dragging is far left of the parent folder as you drop it.

The easier way to make the folders nest is to have the Parent Virtual Folder highlighted and then create the sub folder you then want to.

Hope that helps.

KJ

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 4:21 am
Thanks!

I played a bit around with it more, and I think it was mostly due to a misunderstanding on how they operate in VDJ8.

It seems you have to create a nested Filter Folder within a Virtual Folder for it to work - not drag it in later.

It also seems that you cannot nest a Filter Folder within a Filter Folder, you can only nest Virtual Folders and then you can create as many single filter folders within a virtual folder, but those filter folders have to be the end of the 'branches.'

Best,

GM

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 6:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)