Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Options, Auto Headphones "Not Working"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

my current version is 2282.984 when i go into options/Auto headphones. i change it to "Onload" but after i exit out of VDJ (as in i'm done DJing for the night) and the next tyme i DJ the auto headphones don't work. as in it's set back to "No" so basically i have to keep going into the options menu just to set it to "Onload" everytyme i get ready to DJ.

just in case somebody ask. my set up is Two Denons SC3900's, American Audio 14MXR, Laptop

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 6:08 pm
I mentioned this months ago with no change through many builds. For me it is erratic, I did a wedding on Friday & last weekend 2 weddings with no problem, then, on Saturday half way through my gig it stopped working. I use a Denon MC6000 Controller and I can't select the headphones from that once it starts happening. I have to select the headphones onscreen with a mouse click.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 6:35 pm
Thanx DJ Soulman. In hope more DJ speak up so the techs will look into this matter ;-)

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 6:43 pm
djtyme209 wrote :
my current version is 2282.984 when i go into options/Auto headphones. i change it to "Onload" but after i exit out of VDJ (as in i'm done DJing for the night) and the next tyme i DJ the auto headphones don't work. as in it's set back to "No" so basically i have to keep going into the options menu just to set it to "Onload" everytyme i get ready to DJ.

just in case somebody ask. my set up is Two Denons SC3900's, American Audio 14MXR, Laptop

That's a bug that derives from your AA14MXR definition.
This happens because AA asked that the controller should not have automatic headphones selection, but users will have to explicitly press the PFL buttons.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 6:51 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
I mentioned this months ago with no change through many builds. For me it is erratic, I did a wedding on Friday & last weekend 2 weddings with no problem, then, on Saturday half way through my gig it stopped working. I use a Denon MC6000 Controller and I can't select the headphones from that once it starts happening. I have to select the headphones onscreen with a mouse click.

That's a different issue. I assume you mostly use 2 decks mixing, correct ?
Anyway, when this happens again please switch all 4 channels in MIDI mode and check if any PFL button is lit (on)
If it's on, press it to turn off (so that ALL PFL buttons are off) and switch back to your ordinary setup.
Auto headphones should work again from the next song load.

Let me know if that was the case...

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 6:54 pm
PhantomDeejay thanx for the info. it never did this with VDJ 7. now that im one month full tyme with VDJ8 i thought it was some kind of bug. so any suggestions on how i can fix my problem. im pretty good at XML file editing :-)

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 8:32 pm
@PhantomDeejay Thank you for your reply. You are correct I only use 2 decks with obviously a 2 deck skin (djdads SWAP 4DECKS). Occasionally I have noticed when double clicking on a track to load into the available deck it has loaded on deck 3 or 4. Can't remember the circumstances when this has happened, possibly both decks are still playing after mixing from one to the other and haven't stop the outgoing deck. I imagine this is when the AutoHeadphones goes pear shaped. At least now I know what to look for and fix.
Cheers
Les

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 1:43 am
djtyme209 wrote :
PhantomDeejay thanx for the info. it never did this with VDJ 7. now that im one month full tyme with VDJ8 i thought it was some kind of bug. so any suggestions on how i can fix my problem. im pretty good at XML file editing :-)

Can you please tell me if the "A new device has been detected" window pops-up when you connect your AA14MXR ?
If so, can you try to check on the "don't show this message again" checkbox before hitting ok ?
Does it still reset your auto headphone settings on every software start-up ?

PS: The "Don't show this message again" checkbox is controller specific. This means that you won't be notified again for this controller. But if you plug in another the detection window will appear as per normal.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 1:50 am
PhantomDeejay Thank you 200% your idea/solution worked. i check the box to not remind me again. powered off everything like if i just got done DJing waited like 30min and now the settings are still the same..... thanx so much :-)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 10:26 am
Okay.
So, in case everyone else stumble upon this:
When a controller comes with a VirtualDj 8 LE version and the manufacturer has asked for specific settings to be applied (like in this case AA wanted the auto headphones to be off) these settings are always applied when the detection window appears.
When you hide the detection window by enabling the "Don't show again" checkbox, VirtualDj will not apply manufacturer settings again, leaving user settings intact.

I hope this clears up things a little!!!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 11:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)