Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin request for a 1920 by 1080 stack skin with fx [pic in the post

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i love this i dont need to see the mixer with my numark Nv . i do how ever like using 3 fx at a time .

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 6:25 am
btw thank you to anyone that makes this i was looking in the skin area i did not find what i was looking for

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 6:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think you may have to DIY this one, you're looking for something specific for you and I'll doubt a skinner would be too interested with such a limited scope, the good news is there is a skin dev tool on the way and it'll be drag, drop and stretch what ever elements you want. You seem to want to make serato with VDJ while this is easily possible, why limit yourself?
I remember adding my first set of extra buttons and master VU to V7 and thinking cool, I've made something specific to me.
Now V8 has extra buttons (customs) and a master VU.
Why follow when you can lead?
With VDJ custom is king.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 3:59 am
nice would there be a way to hide the mixer ?with this tool you see i have a numark nv i dont need to see turntables spinning .
as long as i can see my music im happy . the only time i will look at the screen is if im mixing 4 tracks :) so i know when the break is coming :)

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 6:52 am
Hide? You'll pick and size the elements yourself, there is no hiding, you just won't include it.
I too am waiting for the tool as I got annoyed with my poor skinning techniques, my wish is no jogs, tight buttons, 4 decks visible but 6 decks to choose from, browser switches to off centre scratchwaves, some would call it too much, but I don't care, I'm making it for me.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 7:52 am
when it does come out i will give it a go :) with alot more fx

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:23 am
A skin dev tool on the way? Where's this info from?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 12:05 pm
Djdad himself, on this very board, skin builder8, few picked up on it, but check page 2,3,4|5 and you'll find it.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 3:21 pm
Oh I know about that (if it's this) but it's not truly a skin builder...

It's more like a jigsaw / photofit "build your own skin as long as it looks like this" tool. :-)

Plus it doesn't work 100% as you can't save/export the finished product.

In theory though, any VDJ 8 skin that fully follows the new coding methods (esp using groups) should be fairly easy to modify by shifting the x/y positions of said groups - assuming nothing needs resizing.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 11:50 am
Yeah that's the one, it's being reworked (*export you'd think being #1 fix), I don't so much care how the elements look, more important to me is visual information with none of the stuff I don't need to see.

Although a community elements project would be something special, and I can't think of a reason stuff defined in previous V8 skins couldn't be harvested.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 12:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)