Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: virtual folder problem: .vdjfolder and tracks gone!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey,

I got a serious problem with the virtual folder or the .subfolders and .virtualfolder files. When im creating a virtual folder, creating another virtual folder in it and then move the 2nd virtual folder on the same level with the first, then I miss .vdjfolder files on my hard disc.

This leads to an uncorrect file structure! After restarting VDJ, I missed some of my folders! All tracks in those folder, that were in a subfolder before, are gone! Moreover, VDJ just doesn't show some of my virtual folders. I think it depends on missing .vdjfolder files.

I hope I could describe my problem clear enough.

Here is an image of my problem (first post): http://de.virtualdj.com/forums/201068/German_Forum/Virtual_Folder___vdjfolder-_und__subfolder-Dateien_sind_falsch.html

Greetings

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 2:14 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
NextG wrote :
Hey,

I got a serious problem with the virtual folder or the .subfolders and .virtualfolder files. When im creating a virtual folder, creating another virtual folder in it and then move the 2nd virtual folder on the same level with the first, then I miss .vdjfolder files on my hard disc.

Sorry, I can't reproduce that.
All is fine here.
I've created a vFolder, created a 2nd vFolder inside of the 1st. Moved 2nd on same level as 1st. All is well.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 2:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have any other drives connected? If so, check the VirtualDJ folder on the other drives as well.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 3:15 am
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Adion wrote :
Do you have any other drives connected? If so, check the VirtualDJ folder on the other drives as well.

OH yeah. I had my external hard disc plugged in and suddenly....if I put my external hard disc in, I got my folder back. Thank you!!

But honestly, I am a bit confused because there are the same folders now on my local disc as on my external hard. Just without any tracks in it.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 1:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Usually the folders will only be stored on the drives for which the folder contains files.
So if you only have files from your external drive in the folder it is not stored on your local drive.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 2:34 pm
from what I can see.... my "filter folders" are stored in the "C: My Documents\VirtualDJ\Folders" area, whereas the folders where I have manually dragged songs will appear on the drive that they reside (in my case they are on the "D: \virtualDJ\Folders"). There is a reference to the D: drive folders within the C:My Documents area. When I do a backup I make sure that these are the areas that are important..... C: My Documents\VirtualDJ\Folders C: My Documents\VirtualDJ\Playlists D:\VirtualDJ\Folders D:\VirtualDJ\Database. All of my songs are stored on my D:drive in a folder called D:\Disco. It's important that I recognise where the files are kept because I have a backup laptop with duplicate VirtualDJ installed and duplicated songs on its D: drive.

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 12:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)