Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: where are itunes playlists? simple answer please!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi all, im trying to find/adjust iTunes playlists when I go onto faq I cant understand the answers - I see this:

To fix follow this steps:
• Make a backup of the file iTunes Library.itl (stored on the home folder of iTunes).
• Ensure that iTunes is closed, then rename the file ITunes Library.itl to iTunes Music Library.itl
• Now it's the time to select the correct database:
◦ If you are using Windows, hold down the SHIFT key and open iTunes. Then click on "Choose Library" and select the file: iTunes Music Library.itl
◦ If you are using the Mac, hold down the OPTION key and open iTunes. Then click on "Choose Library" and select the file:
iTunes Music Library.itl
• Close iTunes. The file "iTunes Music Library.xml" will be generated automatically and VirtualDJ will recognize the playlist.
• If not, use the Registry Tool and check that the home folder of iTunes is correct, as shown in the image below.

what/where is library.itl? where is the iTunes home folder? how do I rename something xml?
is there a SIMPLE walk thru guide that I can understand?

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 2:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a note ...
VirtualDJ 8 LE (Limited Edition) do not offer iTunes Playlists.
The iTunes special folder only offers the entire iTunes library recursed (flat folder with all the tracks).

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 4:01 pm
so how would I set a playlist?

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:49 am
and is there a simple walk thru guide so I can get the best out of my product?

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 9:25 am
Thank you

Posted Tue 31 May 16 @ 10:08 pm
Just a remainder...

In Itunes there is an option in advance settings saying like 'share my lists with other applications' (something like this)
Be sure that one is clicked.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 2:27 pm
Hi I've purchased the profanity licence and am trying to connect the I remote. I've followed ALL the instructions and as a last resort I've come to you guys-the experts!
I've paid and downloaded the app, on the same network, downloaded and installed the bonjour (even tho I have iTunes already) tried to force install by putting in the IP address all I get is this message. Everything is up to date as well

How do I connect the remote

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 6:14 pm
Hi I've purchased the profanity licence and am trying to connect the I remote. I've followed ALL the instructions and as a last resort I've come to you guys-the experts!
I've paid and downloaded the app, on the same network, downloaded and installed the bonjour (even tho I have iTunes already) tried to force install by putting in the IP address all I get is this message. Everything is up to date as well

How do I connect the remote?

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 6:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)