Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Thousands of duplicate/missing files when I choose Recurse

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have VirtualDJ 8.0.0 PC build 2282.985 running on Windows 8.1 64-bit. I keep my music in a folder on the D:\ drive which is not indexed by Windows. I added a favorites folder directed to it. I have about 25000 songs mostly sorted by artist folders, with a few hundred unsorted files in the root folder. When I pull up just the Music folder, there are no duplicate files. When I recurse, however, it says I have almost 31000 songs. All the extra songs are duplicates; some of them are listings that lead nowhere, and some are just duplicates of ones that are found. I included a screenshot so you can see what I mean. All 5 listings of "All Tomorrow's Parties" are actually the same song, and two of them are missing, according to the icons on the left. I've tried cleaning the database, deleting the files individually, and even deleting VirtualDJ's database and starting over, but nothing has worked. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there is something wrong about how I setup my files, but VDJ7 didn't have problems with duplicates. VDJ7 doesn't seem to like Windows 8.1 and is a lot less stable on my laptop, so I'd rather not just go back to it if I don't have to. It's not the end of the world to have thousands of duplicate listings, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and need to drag a file to the deck, and it can cause dead air if I drag one that doesn't link to a file and the deck just says "error." Any idea how to fix this? Even though I'd rather not, I am willing to backup my existing BPMs and start from scratch if it will get rid of the duplicates.

Thanks,

Däch

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 6:21 am
What location do you recurse ?
If that location (or any subfolder) has m3u playlists in it then VirtualDj will also read the playlists and it will try to show/load the tracks.
So, if there are a couple of playlists that point to a particular file you will get multiple entries for that file....

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 7:14 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That was it. Thank you.

Posted Sat 30 May 15 @ 5:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)