Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Error when loading some songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djscatesPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
I have looked and looked for a solution to my problem in these forums and cant seem to find a straight answer. When loading some of my karaoke songs, I get an error on whichever deck I'm loading it to. I have tried a few things that I have read here but non have worked at all. I even uninstalled and reinstalled program, which caused me to loose weeks and weeks of tag editing so my list looks perfect. I need some straight to the point answers and help. Thanks in advance. I am using Virtual DJ version 8.0.0 pc build 2265.985

Posted Sun 24 May 15 @ 4:25 am
Sometimes the Drive letter can change , make sure you have it set on the right drive letter the you saved it on last .

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 8:47 am
If you have moved around files, or changed drives (as mentioned above), or done any kind of housekeeping on your files (renaming, tagging, etc. in an external programme), your database will not know where you have moved the files to. The first step to do is to clean your database and in many cases, this solves the issue of error files.

Personally, I clean my database after adding any new files, and also during my weekly admin routine for gig computer.

I am not sure if you have already tried this but if not, you have nothing to lose by giving it a go - cleaning the database doesn't delete anything. You also mention losing all your tags by uninstalling and then re-installing. Copy the database.xml file(s) if you need to do this again as that is where VDJ reads all its information from.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 5:45 am
djscatesPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
Git it figured out. Somehow when I transferred my files from my main pc to my laptop, my files became corrupt. Just had to unzip and rezip all my files. Only took 2 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes and 43 seconds. Everything works perfectly now.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 10:01 pm
Although it took some time, glad you got it sorted in the end.

If you do get any more errors, I would definitely suggest doing a clean of your Database first as often this sorts the issues out before needing to dig further.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 4:23 am
how do i clean my database on vdj8 without losing any tags
thanks mark

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 2:05 pm
marksomerby wrote :
how do i clean my database on vdj8 without losing any tags
thanks mark

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 6:08 pm
thank you so much :)

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 7:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)