Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ has split second mini freezes/blips/cutouts in sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been searching and searching and can't make heads or tails of other forum posts. I am not sure if my problem has already been discussed so I am starting this new thread.
I have encountered it in both VDJ7 and VDJ8. The problem doesn't exist on my ancient HP laptop that runs on Vista in VDJ7.

The problem is new and only started within the past two months.

I have an Alienware Laptop devoted to DJing. Top of the line, plenty of memory, I7 processor, the works. Windows 7*

However, I started to notice it this month that during my events, occasionally tracks will stop playing for a split second and then continue. I haven't been able to narrow down my troubleshooting. I don't know for sure if the program itself freezes, and then continues from where the song leaves off, or if the song continues to play while the music blips out. I have a Hercules RMX controller that I use for a sound card/controller. It is set to ASIO. I messed with latency with no luck. I have been dealing with this at many gigs and it is very embarrassing when it drops out for that split second. It doesn't happen to the same songs or in the same places, so it doesn't seem file specific. I don't want to start replacing wires and equipment before seeing if its an internal hardware or software issue. Please help.

DJ BlackJack

Posted Sun 24 May 15 @ 2:11 am
Start - Control Panel - Power Options. Sounds like you are in Energy saving mode.

Posted Sun 24 May 15 @ 3:15 am
DjSteveAU wrote :
Start - Control Panel - Power Options. Sounds like you are in Energy saving mode.

Gave this a shot but didn't work. Computer was already set to Ultimate Power settings with everything maxed out.

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 11:51 am

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 6:12 pm
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yep, Latency issue for sure. Dell downloaded and installed a troubleshooting/ status support app on mine which hosed the latency. Of course I ran the checker after I bought a new Novation sound card thinking the card took a dump.
But the Novation sure sounds way better so no loss but improvement.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 4:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)