Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Reset EQ makes automatically reset gain

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i wish a separate switch für reset gain / not reset gain independently from reset eq switch in the options

Lg Stefan

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 2:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hmm fail to follow you.
If you are refered to the setting ResetEqOnLoad, then this doesnt affect GAIN.
If you dont want the GAIN slider to be reset on load, then probably you need to turn the AutoGain Off, but thats not recommended.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 4:02 am
Auto Gain is off. Normally, the gain slider on the skin stands at 12 o clock. I turn it to 11 o'clock. After new track is load in the deck, the gain slider stands at 12 o'clock (and not at 11 o'clock).
I would like, that the gain slider does not reset by load a new track.

Lg Stefan

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 8:49 am
Ah yes i see now.
But i still have a Q for you. Why do u need the Gain slider not to reset or not to follow the AutoGain ?
Do you want to handle the Gains manually all times ? Or are all of your tracks normalized and you need some specific value on the Gain to be applied ?

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 1:46 pm
djdad wrote :
Ah yes i see now.
But i still have a Q for you. Why do u need the Gain slider not to reset or not to follow the AutoGain ?
Do you want to handle the Gains manually all times ? Or are all of your tracks normalized and you need some specific value on the Gain to be applied ?

For what is "Q" standing....?:-)

All my mp3 library was operated by Platinum Notes. The volume of each track is approximately -1.7 dB, when the gain knob at 12 o'clock stands.
Now requires the track for example a little more bass on the EQ, the Limiter starts, because I'm over 0dB. The solution would be that the gain control for example stands always at 11 o'clock. The gain would be probably -2.5 dB, and theres is enough clearance to work with the EQ.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 10:54 am
Stefan, "Q" is just short for "Question"

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 10:58 am
Try -3dB value for the zeroDB setting (in Advanced Options). This will give you enough headroom to work with your EQ and have the Gain knobs at 12 o clock all times

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 8:48 pm
djdad wrote :
Try -3dB value for the zeroDB setting (in Advanced Options). This will give you enough headroom to work with your EQ and have the Gain knobs at 12 o clock all times

But i don't use Auto Gain. So there is no effekt - only gain knob displys 3dB more.
Zero dB 0: -1,7
Zero dB -3: +1,3

LG Stefan

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 11:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)