Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Why are the Volumes preset to max

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys

Is there a reason why the Volume controls are preset to max. I know we can add an instruction to have them set to minimum however this has to be done each time an update is released and factory reset Please can you place this as an option.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 5:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You wouldnt worry much if your AA MXR mixer could send the position of the sliders on initialize, just like the majority of the MIDI controllers does.
If that was the case, VirtualDJ would read the position of the Hardware Volume Faders (in your case the lowest/minimum) and would set the internal Volumes to the same value.

Having Volume Faders set to maximum on init (unless set otherway from Hardware) ensures that the user will have Sound Output no matter what he did in the previous session or what the previously used Hardware has set them.

So , your only option is to have your Volume pre-sets to whatever value you want (using some volume actions on ONINIT).
Btw, why does an update messes your Volume settings ??? I suppose you have those to some custom keyboard and controller mapping, right ? the auto-updates dont mess with your custom mappings.
Even if you delete settings.xml (for any reason), the custom mappings are not deleted, so you can still select those from the Controllers tab.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 6:43 pm
DjDad thank you for giving a full explanation. As always a great help.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 7:32 pm
Hi DjDad

I have searched for the oninit commands to set volumes at 0 which was put on to the forums but can't find it when I searched . Please can you tell me the instruction

Cheers

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 6:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The ONINIT are Keys, available to any Controller or Keyboard mapping.
You can use the ONINIT of your keyboard or the ONINIT key of your AA MXR Mapping and add something like this..
deck 1 volume 0% & deck 2 volume 0% & WhateverActiontheOninitMayHaveAlready

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 6:39 pm
Brilliant thank you.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 7:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)