Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 7.4 won't seem to play 24-bit .wav format?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,
Just writing as I've had this problem for awhile and decided to see if someone better versed in the software than I could help me sort this out. I can't play 24bit uncompressed .wav through my set-up. VDJ 7.4 misreads the BPM, greys out the waveform and while I can hear some of the track in the background, the majority of it is static. I am running a second interface to power my mic and am unsure if there's some setting I may have input incorrectly. I did some browsing in the FAQ's and in the forums, but didn't see anything about this. Has anyone experienced anything like this? And if so: How did you remedy it?

I am using Windows 7x64 and my secondary interface is a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol I. Any help would be great! Thanks for the read. Big ups from Motown.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 2:19 pm
Yes, VirtualDj 7 plays only 16bit audio files.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 2:21 pm
Well that sorts that. Haha. Thanks for the quick reply. Does 8 have full .wav support or no? I've been debating on upgrading but if not I'll just wait.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 2:42 pm
Yes VirtualDj 8 can play 24 bit audio files

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 6:23 pm
Can someone tell me how I can get Virtual DJ 8 to play 24 bit files? Seems to still only work with 16 bit. Thanks!

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 7:49 am
What kind of files exactly?

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 1:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)