Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tag editor in Virtual DJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djscatesPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
My question... I have my main pc that I Download all my music, videos, and karaoke songs to... Then transfer them to the laptop/external HD. I have been in the process of editing all my karaoke songs via Tag Editor in the program. As you can see with the pic, The above lines have been edited to the way i like them to be. Below are the ones that come when I download them. Now, to the question... Is there a way to backup them like this so when I transfer to gig pc they load just like I want them? I have been doing this for weeks now and just realized that I may want to ask before I continue if I have to do this all over again with gig pc. Please oh please, tell me some good news.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 3:44 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are your MP3+g files zipped? If so, changing the name formatting will change the layout in VDJ

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 11:18 pm
They are, and I have them all formatted like the pic provided. Some come out perfectly with VDJ but most are F'd up in some way.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 2:45 pm
Using a bulk file rename utility should help make that much faster and easier. In the past VDJ could not read the tags inside zip files. I believe that has been fixed, which is why some of your files may show up correct. I have not tested this tho.
The second issue is most CDG rippers did not write to the id3 tag in the MP3. So, what VDJ is doing is populating the fields from the file name.
Putting the artist first and the disc information last should get you sorted.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 1:42 am
So is there a program out there that can do a bulk rename and place the disc # at the end without me having to do it one by one?

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 1:59 pm

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 5:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)