Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: I keep loosing my tags, bpm's and hot cues, WTF?!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
MacBook Pro 2.5 core2duo. Latest version of vdj8 pro. All my music, videos are on a Lacie external hard drive. I had a gig last night and when I set up fire up vdj, all the track info is reset to original, pre edited, no bpm and all hot cues are gone. This was the worst thing that could ever happen. I was flying blind and felt like an armature. How do I fix this, how do I stop it from happening?

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 2:54 pm
Probably a permissions issue when the database is being written to the external drive.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 3:00 pm
The hard drive is set up for mac, so there is no permission writing issue. I can edit with no problems, but this is the second time this has happened. The first time was a while ago when the database was in v7.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 10:06 pm
Easy thing to do is just copy your current correct DB then if something happens you can overwrite the other one.

Still not sure why this would happen though .....

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 1:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What file system format is the Lacie set to?

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 3:26 am
I use to always back up the DB, I guess I'll start doing that again.

I'm using exFAT since I use to run windows on my previous mac. I was having problems with VDJ8 running on that machine, but in ran fine if I used windows.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 11:04 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Could you please open your database.xml with an editor and check if the filepath to the track is correct?

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 3:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)