Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: BETA 2265 After 4 hours of video mixing distortion on sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After 4 hours of video mixing i set a few songs at the automix. At the second song i noticed a very very low distortion noise that with time was getting worse and worse.Tried everything to make it stop but i couldn't so i had to close and reopen vdj8. Also throughout the whole night every once an a while i would hear something weird everytime i would press a button or use the search bar to type in a song. I don't know how to describe it...like "dust" on the song. But very low and not that often. And only when i would use my pc or controller.Im using a denon mc6000 mk2 with a sony vaio windows 7 64-bit i7 2,2Ghz 8gb ram 2gb nvidia hard drive internal.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 4:25 am
This was maybe 3rd time that this has happened.Before i thought it was the milkdrop plugin.Tonight i used the fruity v8 skin and very little the milkdrop effect, so its something else.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 4:35 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Sounds like it may be a buffer issue with the sound card. In my NI ASIO drivers I can see how the buffer is performing and if I am getting dropouts. Do you have this ability in your driver?

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 9:48 am
no i dont think so...but probably the problem might something with the soundcard

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:04 am
If your driver does not support it, then check out the latency monitor.
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
Also try making your sound card not the default playback device in windows. I don't have an issue with that, but some have.
Try replacing the USB cable to the card. Other devices on the USB bus can cause issues as well. I've seen a failing external drive slow down the whole bus. Try testing with just the sound card. Does the MC6000 have it's own power or is it bus powered?

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:15 am
i've changed usb and it still happened.The denon has its own power. im gonna also try turning the ultra latency off.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:18 am
i use the internal hard drive and the soundcard desn't set to windows default.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:20 am
Just for information.
My ultraLatency is set to yes, my latency is set to 4. I use a Native Instruments Audio 6 with VDJ Timecode CD's on a low spec laptop with video.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Instead of closing and re-opening vdj, did you try to go to Audio Config and press 'Apply' ?
This will only reset the sound engine, so it's faster and more specific than restarting.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:28 am
No Adion. I didn't think of that...kinda panicked. Didn't thought this was gonna happen again since i didn't use much milkdrop(the only othe time that happened was when i was abusing the milkdrop effect). My latency is set to auto.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:36 am
this is the message i got by monitoring the latency...Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop-outs in real-time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver use Device Manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. Try network and W-LAN adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 10:14 pm
I am truly sorry, I gave you a link for one I used before. The following link is for a monitor that displays more information that you can work with.
http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)