Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Multi Effect Control on NI X1mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have tried to wrap my head around all of the shift variables and other things, but I am having a tough time figuring out how to map what I am trying to do. I'll do my best to provide detailed information and current mappings. Any and all help is appreciated.

I am currently using the top 3 FX knobs to control parameters on decks 1 and 2. The 4th FX knob is being used for pitch control. I often use the X1mk2 alongside the Z1 for an ultra portable setup.

Current mapping for FX2_WET_DRY is: deck 2 var 'fxpanel_mode' 3 ? nothing : var 'fxpanel_mode' 2 ? nothing : var 'fxpanel_mode' 1 ? var '$shift' ? nothing : sampler select : effect select

Current mapping for FX2_EFX1 is: deck 2 var 'fxpanel_mode' 3 ? nothing : var 'fxpanel_mode' 2 ? nothing : var 'fxpanel_mode' 1 ? var '$shift' ? nothing : sampler_bank : var '$shift' ? effect slider 3 : effect slider

Current mapping for FX2_Mode is: var '$fx2multi' ? var '$shift' ? toggle '$fx2multi' : nothing : var '$shift' ? toggle '$fx2multi' : var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect active : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect active : deck right effect active

Current mapping of FX2_EFX2_ON is: var '$fx2multi' ? var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? var '$shift' ? deck 1 effect 2 select +1 : deck 1 effect 2 active : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? var '$shift' ? deck 2 effect 2 select +1 : deck 2 effect 2 active : var '$shift' ? deck right effect 2 select +1 : deck right effect 2 active : var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? var '$shift' ? deck 1 effect button 5 : deck 1 effect button 2 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? var '$shift' ? deck 2 effect button 5 : deck 2 effect button 2 : var '$shift' ? deck right effect button 5 : deck right effect button 2

Current mapping for FX2_EFX3 is: deck 2 pitch

Current mapping of FX2_EFX3_ON is: deck 2 var '$shift' ? pitch_reset 1% : key_lock

Pretty easy to see which ones I mapped myself from scratch...

I would like to use the EFX knobs when in multi effect mode to control the first parameters of each slot in multi mode. I would like to use on ON buttons to trigger the effect when pressed and cycle through the effects when shifted and in multi mode.

Sorry if this is a lot to process... I am trying my best to figure it out, but it seems to be a bit above my pay grade. If I am missing something glaring, let me know. I can also provide more info if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 16 May 15 @ 10:25 pm
It seems you messed the mapper a lot :P

Can you clearly describe what you wish your buttons/knobs do in each mode so that we can assist you with the correct mapping ?

Thanks!

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 6:28 pm
I didn't edit much. All that stuff about panels was there. I'll write more in detail tonight when I have the controller in front of me.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 6:49 pm
Hmmm. I don't think that the official native mapper uses any 'fxpanel_mode' variables... ;)

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 6:56 pm
I don't even know what that does...

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 7:05 pm
Yes, I thought that!
Most likely you copied the code from another controller / answer to a user, e.t.c.
The point is that you don't want a simple change.
The mapper of X1 MK2 is already "complex" for the average user. That's why I need to know what you want to do, so that I can give you the correct code ;)

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 7:14 pm
What's the best way to do this? Button by button description? As groups? Let me know and I will type it out!

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 4:24 pm
Button by button, knob per knob would be best

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 6:18 pm
OK. Finally have time to sit down and write this out! Been a busy few weeks!!!

I'll go button by button, with the exact mapping names as provided by VDJ8 Mac. For ease of reading, I will list only one side of the controller. It will be duplicated on the other side.

For FX2_WET_DRY: In normal mode, this knob selects the effects on deck 2. Currently does the same thing when SHIFT is pressed. When FX2MULTI is activated, the knob selects the effect in slot 1. I am fine with this.

For FX2_EFX1: In normal mode, the knob controls the first effect slider of the effect on deck 2. When SHIFT is pressed, is controls slider 3. When FX2MULTI is activated, the knob controls the available slider for slot 1. I I would like to duplicate the functions of this button on FX2_EFX2 and FX2_EFX3.

For FX2_MODE: In normal mode, the button activates the effect loaded on deck 2. When pressed with SHIFT, it activates Multi FX on deck 2. When FX2MULTI is active, the button does nothing when pressed.

For FX2_EFX_ON: In normal mode, the button activates the first option of the effect loaded on deck 2. Currently does nothing when pressed with SHIFT in normal mode. When FX2MULTI is active, the button activates the effect loaded on Slot 1/Deck 2. When is MULTIFX mode and pressed with SHIFT, it moves through the different effect available on slot 1. I would like to duplicate this FX2_EFX_ON and FX2_EFX_ON.

For FX2_EFX3: The knob controls pitch on deck 2. No SHIFT or MULTIFX functions have been mapped. See above for my goals.

For FX2_EFX_ON: The button toggles Key Lock on deck 2 when pressed in normal mode. When pressed with SHIFT, button performs a pitch reset on deck 2 in 1% steps.

I hope this is clear. If not, I can try defaulting then re-mapping. Thanks in advance.

PS: While in on the EFX section of the X1mk2, does the FX2_ASSIGN2 button do anything? Currently mapped as var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? set '$fx2' 0 : set '$fx2' 2, but I see no changes when pressing it.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 10:54 pm
Wanted to touch base on this.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 11:08 pm
Weekly bump...

Really trying to get this working!!!

Posted Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 11:54 pm
Anybody out there that could help???

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 4:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)