Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Crashes unexpectedly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have 2 machines, both running VDJ8. I the middle of a set, I sometimes get a crash where the software wont respond and I have to shut down the program. For whatever reason, the program wont close all the way and when it finally does, it does not reopen until I reboot. Just started experiencing this after the last few updates so I am assuming it has to do with that. Please advise. Thanks.

Posted Sat 16 May 15 @ 1:39 am
From PachN:

You can check yourself if a crashlog was generated: (this could help us to see what caused the crash)

Just type in %temp% into an Explorer or Start - Run.
Now the local app data temp folder should open. Search for a .dmp file at the approx. time the system crashed.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 8:33 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If VDJ won't start again, open the Taskmanager and search for a still running VDJ process. Most likely there will be one.
Kill that task and try again to open VDJ.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 3:30 am
DTNE 3ControlleristMember since 2014
How do we fix bugs? Is there a link we can click on to download any new fixes? Please advise as we find this program unreliable enough that we have had a few "pants crapping" moments at weddings and Christmas parties when the program freezes unexpectedly.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 12:56 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can set the "getBetaBuilds" Option to yes.
So you will always get the latest version of VDJ.

But keep in mind, that this version may introduce other bugs or don't fix your issues.
If you have a reproducable bug, just open a new thread here in this forum.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 5:26 am
program shuts down every time I turn automix on

Posted Sun 24 May 15 @ 1:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)