Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crash while creating filter folder Build 2265

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
VDJ crashed while on the internet while I was trying to create a filter folder. I can repeat it.
I have "My Library" added in. I was copying the contents of a filter folder in one of the sub folders with the windows clipboard (CNTRL-C)
I then minimized that folder, clicked in the blank space of the folder browser area, and selected the new filter folder icon.
The dialog popped up asking for a name for the folder. I entered a name (Test folder), hit enter, crash.
I tried again with a different name and clicking okay, crash.
I then tried with nothing in the windows clipboard, I was able to create a filter without issue.
Tried again the first way, crash.

I had another unrelated crash before this. I was using my internal camera on a deck effect, then tried to use it on a different deck effect. VDJ closed and restarted, playing the video that was playing. I add this in because I did not get the crash dialog, just a restart. I don't know if a crash log was sent that may confuse my first posted issue.

Posted Thu 14 May 15 @ 5:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just checked; your filter folder crash is there and we will investigate.

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 6:43 am
I was able to create the folders with a text editor. I was also able to create it manually in VDJ.
So, I believe the issue is with the clipboard. I hope that helps.

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 8:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Unfortunately I've not been able to replicate your crash with the procedure given.

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 8:38 am
Interesting. Is there anything I can do to help?
A deeper debug level or tracing options?

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 9:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)