Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Slideshow - VIDEO files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GPSMDPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm glad that VDJ 8 supports video file playback within the slideshow, however there is still an issue i would like addressed.

Say i have a folder which contains 30 jpeg files and 1 mp4 file.

I set the duration to say 5 seconds, so the slideshow plugin now displays each pic for 5 seconds.

That wors perfectly!

However when it comes to the video file it will only display the first 5 seconds then proceed to the next file.

Some of these video files (visuals) i use are 40 seconds long.

I know I could change the duration to 40 seconds but i don't want to display 1 picture for 40 seconds then it move onto the next.

Can we have the slideshow configured so that the pictures change every x amount of seconds and play the video files for the whole duration?

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 8:09 am
Forgot to mention that i know there are alternatives like Telly Media, however i am using a macbook pro.

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 8:15 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why not make one long video file of the videos you want to show, if more then one type make separate folders for each show, not as good as the clipbank feature that is sadly missing from v8, but looks as though this is the crappy alternative video users have being given.

Video sampler needs to be looked at, as it is, it's only part fit for purpose.

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 9:08 am
I already have my video visuals setup in the sampler for things like; Last orders at the bar, Goodnight, See you next time, the first dance, the buffet is open etc.

However when doing a birthday for example, I may have photos the client gave me to display inbetween music videos. However i also have happy birthdya visuals. Therefore it would be nice for the slideshow to display the whole happy birthdya message (video) then carry on with the slideshow.

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 11:58 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
^ What he said! The latest beta of VDJ has made some improvements to the video playback in the slideshow, but it would be great if you could play the whole video without being forced to a duration of 30secs for images.

Posted Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 5:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)