Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help mapping 4 volume sliders to correct decks (Vestax VCI-400 & VDJ7)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is my current command for VOLUME:
deck 1 volume_slider & deck 2 volume_slider & deck 3 volume_slider & deck 4 volume_slider

The above command controls all 4 volume sliders no matter which one I touch on my Vextax VCI-400, but I want each one to be controlled separately...

I'm trying to substitute the | symbol ("or" according to http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html) instead & (and), but it's not registering... can anyone help me out with the correct syntax for this please!?

Posted Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:17 pm
VCI 400 is natively supported and you should not have to use any special command.

However the correct syntax is:
volume_slider
If you want to change the order of sliders then you should use something like this:
action_deck 1 ? deck 3 volume_slider : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 volume_slider : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 volume_slider : deck 4 volume_slider.

Finally please keep in mind that VirtualDj 7 HOME FREE will work only for 10 minutes with your device as a demo.

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 4:36 am
This syntax did not work for some reason... any further suggestions?

Posted Thu 14 May 15 @ 11:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There is no "or" operator in VDJ script

try this as the mapping, I believe the vci400 (like nearly all controllers) share a mapping, (VDJ knows which deck by the midi channel)

level
or maybe

volume

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 12:27 am
OK got the volume sliders assigned to the correct decks finally, but now I'm having some trouble with the command syntax so my corresponding filter knobs are assigned to those same decks... can anyone help me out with the please? Thanks again! (Not sure if the Key is "LED_FILTER" or just regular "FILTER")?

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 8:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)