Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: after dragging a song to another playlist position it is unavailable for controller actions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

horst77Home userMember since 2015
Version 2231.975

I just noticed a annoying bug. When you drag a song to another position inside a playlist it becomes unavailable to keyboard controller actions.

Example: click a song in a playlist, drag it up or down some songs. Then an keyboard controller action like "load" does not work on that song, unless you select another song and then the first one again.

I also noticed that after dragging a song, and you leave it selected, you cannot move up and down through your playlist with the arrow up and down buttons. The song selection jumps around.

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 2:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nope, tested every thng you said in both the files space and the sidelist space and everything checks out fine.
The last bit, "...Jumps around" it goes to the next entry had the file not moved, only once.

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 2:27 am
horst77Home userMember since 2015
Maybe I should have mentioned that I tested it only in the playlist area of automix (on or off does not matter). There it is definitely happening as I described.

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 3:12 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
horst77 wrote :

I also noticed that after dragging a song, and you leave it selected, you cannot move up and down through your playlist with the arrow up and down buttons. The song selection jumps around.

I can reproduce that.

Steps to reproduce:

- Load something into automix list
- Drag a song to another possition
- use the keyboard up or down arrow
- the selection cursor jumps to the track after the next track of the previous position of the move file.

In other words, what the cursor should do after moving the track is, (assuming the down arrow is pressed) select the next track under the moved track in it NEW location.
What actually happens is, the next + 1 track is selected of the moved tracks OLD position.

So two bugs:
1. Selection is made at old position
2. Selection skips 1 track and selects x+2 instead of x+1

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 4:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)