Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: click sound when loading next song in automix (one deck)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

horst77Home userMember since 2015
Hello!

I am currently testing Virtual DJ if it works for my needs and so far I am very impressed and I like it. However now I ran into a serious problem that might make it not work for me.

When using automix (one deck), right after the transition to the next song, in the moment when the transition is finished and the next track is displayed in the deck, there is a "click" sound audible. It is not very loud but especially with more quiet songs it is annoying.

I tried changing latency settings but no change. CPU usage is also very low. Interestingly it does not happen when using automix with two decks, which I dont want to do.

I am running the latest version (8.2231) on a Macbook Retina 2014 with lots of free SSD space and 16GB RAM.

Any ideas are well appreciated! Thanks!

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 4:36 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
play with the automix setting Length & type,but try setting it on silence B4 the 2nd song come in and set your cues

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 11:37 am

In VDJ 7 & 8, I had the same problem or at least it sounds like it. I haven't completely figured out the reasoning behind all this but at least I found a correlation. It doesn't happen all the time but whenever it does, it seems to be when I have several virtual desktops running. When at home I always have a second monitor plugged in to my macbook as well which is probably related although I know this happens even when not using another monitor. When I hear this click happen between loading songs I unplug my monitor (if I'm using one) and shut down any extra virtual desktops I have going. After doing this I usually need to shut down and restart Virtual DJ before the clicking goes away. Even though the CPU seems to be unstressed, something is. It could be a ram/virtual ram issue, I don't know about these things but I have noticed problems in other programs as well when I have lots of virtual desktops running. I hope this helps you. I'll be curious to know I'm not the only one having the same issue.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)