Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Problem with linein 'mic' effects to deck assignment

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not sure if this is a bug or what to be honest. I have my mic setup as a linein on deck 6 and a bunch of effects etc. The problem is if I start VDJ in 2 deck mode deck 6 don't work anymore and effects assigned to deck 6 run on deck 1. For instance on oninit I have a reverb plugin set to deck 6. But when I start in 2 deck mode deck 1 is showing the effect as selected and 'on'.

Ideally I want deck 6 to work in 2 deck mode as a mic with effects. Is there no possible way to do this? The reason I need this is because I have shift key mappings that cause no end of headaches when the skins are set to 4 or 6 decks. I get lost as to where my tracks are loading to etc. I also use BlacksheepHD as a skin but it has no 6 deck mode and 4 deck mode has a bug. It works great in 2 deck mode however which is all I need right now. If I could only get linein 'mic' on deck 4,5 or 6 to work in 2 deck mode I would be very happy!

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 5:49 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yeah the thing is decks are created by the skin, so a 2 deck skin only creates 2 decks, but however there is a ONINIT way to create these decks

*Important* Add either of these to the START of your ONINT, (invent the decks before trying to turn FX on of decks that don't yet exist)

If you do use save unplayed add this to your ONINIT
setting "saveUnplayedToSidelist" off & deck 3 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 3 unload &  deck 4 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 4 unload &  deck 5 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 5 unload &  deck 6 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 6 unload & setting "saveUnplayedToSidelist" on & deck 1 select

If you don't save unplayed
deck 3 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 3 unload &  deck 4 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 4 unload &  deck 5 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 5 unload &  deck 6 load "C\:cheat.mp3" & deck 6 unload & deck 1 select

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe the easiest way would be to edit the nbdecks number of the skin you use.
So have the xml of the skin look like ... <skin name=" ........... nbdecks="6" >

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could an option be written in to over ride the skin declaration, I ask this as I'm on with a plugin with basic (invisible) deck control via FX params.
Dropping the cheat hack would be good.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 11:20 pm
According to Atomix staff, it's not necessary for skins to have the nbdecks declared any more.

I guess that if the skin does use nbdecks, then it could cause the problem for the OP when it's lower than the decks used/required.

Removing it should apparently work as well as setting it to a specific number.

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 6:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I don't know who told you that. If it is not specified, it is simply treated as if 2 was specified.
Note that this only sets a lower limit to the number of decks that can be in use however. A controller could be configured to control additional decks for example.

Since 'deck x load' is capable of increasing the number of decks, it would indeed make sense that the 'linein' action can do so as well, so this will be fixed.

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 7:36 am
Adion wrote :
I don't know who told you that

It was djtouchdan - see here

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 8:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)