Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules 4MX Controller can't preview sound and is just generally wonky HELP!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So i recently picked this controller up off of Craigslist yesterday, and it seems like it works fine. All the buttons are fine and it came with drivers. After installing the drivers I wanted to try it out. I'm using Virtual DJ 8. At first I could get the controller to play sound through the speakers and headphones at the same time, but no matter what kind of config I try I can't get it to preview the next song. I could only get audio from one deck playing on both the speakers and headphones. My headphones are plugged into the controller and the speakers are as well. Well I thought it might just be my computer being on for too long, so I decide to restart it. During the restart there's some problems and I think the drivers are lost. I try reinstalling them and now I can't even get audio through both speakers and headphones. Just headphones. It's almost as if Channel 1&2 don't work anymore.

I'm at such a loss on what to do. I don't think it's the controller, but I don't know what would be wrong on my computer. I use an HP Laptop, and in playback options in lists my controller as a speaker, my laptop speakers (built in) as an option, and communication headphones. Prior to using this controller I ran in mono with a splitter, but to get it to just go to the splitter I had to disable my laptop speakers (built in).

I'm very inexperienced with audio software and would love some guidance/help on what to do, thanks!

EDIT: As of right now I can get it to play through the speakers and headphones using channel 1&2 for speakers and 3&4 for headphones. However, I still cannot preview the next track, just get the same output on speakers/headphones.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:47 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Regarding Heaphone preview, you have to be aware of the position of the Monitor Mix knob, right next to the headphone volume.

- When in the CUE (far Left) position, you will hear the deck for which the CUE SELECT has been activated;

- When in the MIX (far right )position, you will hear what comes out of Output 1-2, according to the crossfader position;

- If you want to hear a bit of both (when preparing a track for example), simply put down the middle position, allowing you to head a bit of both.

Now as for the controller part, you'll need upgrade to either a Pro or Controller license if you want to be able to use it for more than 10 min at a time.

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 7:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)