Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC3000 (maybe MC6000?) headphone volume is way to loud! Anyone have a fix?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings, I've lived with this nuisance for years but I can't open my headphone volume knob much at all without blowing my ears out. It seems as if the controller is doing something that is amplifying the headphone sound beyond what is necessary. I don't like to push my ears during practice sessions. Has anyone else tackled this particular issue?

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 4:55 pm
To avoid confusion from my title, I was guessing that the MC6000 may have the same problem. I'm using an MC3000 though.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 9:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can try to assign a custom knob on the VirtualDJ 8 default skin as headphone_gain and try a lower value.
Once you find the value that you want you can add this to the ONINIT key of the MC3000 mapping
e.g. headphone_gain 40%

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 10:57 pm
Thanks. I was playing with the headphone gain in software. The default seems to be 0.5 I tried lowering it all the way to 0.0 with no change though. Do I need to restart the program for that to take effect?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Version 8, right ?
Hmm thats kinda weird. Does the Headphone Volume knob in the MASTER center panel of the skin affect the sound on your HEadphones ?
I dont have the unit here, but as far as i recall, the Headphones Output should be controlled by software, so both actions/knobs should affect the output
You have Master & Headphones in the Audio Setup, right ?
And we are talking about the MC3000, right ? the MC6000 is another story, since it offers 2 kind of Audio setups.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 5:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)