Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SR Unresponsive after some time.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DDJ-SR has been becoming unresponsive to the program after about 10-20 minutes but virtual Dj is still running but can only be used via Laptop. All the buttons do cycle through and respond to pressing but no information is going to the program.

I have
- Updated Firmware DDJ-SR
- Updated Virtual DJ 8 Unlimited updated build 2206 on Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
- tried putting in serato mode
- updating to Yosemite

Runs fine with Virtual DJ 7 Pro.

Can someone Help? Pretty Frustrating. Thanks.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 3:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try what happens if you go to options->controllers when it happens, right-click the DDJ-SR and select reconnect device?

So to confirm the issue, pressing buttons on the controller doesn't do anything in VirtualDJ, and when you change something in VirtualDJ the LEDs on the controller don't update either?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 3:29 am
Correct. The level meters work but any actual midi doesn't. I timed it last night and its about 9mins and 40 sec.

I did try and hit reconnect. The SR flashes and resets (just like when you turn it on) but still no response to the VDJ 8. In settings on the bottom where there is custom mapping, it does notice the midi information when I hit the pads and other buttons.

I also cleared out any Mapping and Devices from their VirtualDj folder just so I have the SR in there. Still no go.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 3:04 pm
Since it seems to be quite close to 10 minutes, it would almost sound like the demo limitation of VDJ.
Can you check the 'License' tab on config to see if you are logged in correctly, and that it shows your vdj pro license?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 10:46 pm
Ok, So I had *This is a public computer, don't remember* checked. Ill test this when I get home and see what happens. Will it save my login and VDJ8 Pro Infinity license even when I don't have internet available?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 11:22 pm
Yes, it remembers your login as long as you don't click Logout.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 1:26 am
Seems like it did the trick. Thanks. Something so simple... Thanks for replying and helping me out. Makes so much sense now. ha.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 8:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)