Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 don't find Hercules RMX2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

i have a big problem cause after setting up a new pc with new hardware and a new installation of Windows 8.1 x64 Pro VDJ8 don't find my Hercules RMX2.

I do all this steps
http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Hercules%20RMX2%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

The drivers are installed well, the Hercules Control panel is available and ready but when i open VDJ8 the "detection window" will not appear and the RMX2 is not listed under controllers. What i have is the RMX2 under "Audio > Soundcards"...there it is but not under controllers :(

I have allthough deleted VDJ8 with all settings and the hercules drivers and install all new...nothing changed, it's not working :(

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 2:36 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 4:43 am
Have the latest driver installed and i have no antivirus software...

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 3:46 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 7:04 am
Yes it is installed correctly but no, it seems it is not detected as a midi controller cause the "Midi Monitor" tool say me after launch (as admin):

"No Midi in device found, this application can't be start"!

After pressing ok (no other choices) the tool closed asap.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 10:18 am
That explains why VDJ cannot use it.

Can you detail the information you have in the ABOUT tab of the Rmx2 control panel ?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 10:20 am
A screenshot is better as thousand words...

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 10:25 am
Indeed it is.

Proceed as follow:

- Turn off the Rmx2

- Press and hold the < and > buttons (in the browser section of the Rmx2) and turn On the Rmx2

Normally, the Firmware updater application should automatically appear on screen (you can now let go of the buttons.)

- Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed to updating the firmware. This can take a bit of time.

- Once completed, go back to the control panel. The Firmware version should normally be 1.22 -19 . If this is the case, try MIDI Monitor to confirm that MIDI now works.

- IF this is correct, it should be the same for VDJ.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 10:39 am
Don't work whith the browser buttons left and right...when i hold them and turn on the rmx2 nothing happens on the screen (i hold them for a full minute)...the only difference to normal starting the rmx2 is that the sync, cue and play button on both decks are lighting blue

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 2:07 am
Strange. At least we know the console is actually in Boot mode when these buttons light up, so we'll have to proceed manually.

- from the Run menu, enter the following command (including quotes):

"C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\cpl2\firmware\HDJSeries2Updater.exe" –manual

- The manual updater should pop up:

- Turn on the Rmx2 as indicated previously to set it in Boot mode. This is what you should see now:

If this is all correct, click on Update! to launch the update process.

If however you see something different, please post an image.

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 7:57 am
First off all i must thank you mate for all your tries to help me, i did all you say but now i got an error as you seen on the picture below...

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 3:24 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Possibly the issue is the unit itself

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 12:59 am
It ain't over till the fat lady sings...

With the Firmware updater open, if you connect the Rmx2 normally (without holding the buttons), what do you get ?

Is it possible to perform the Firmware update from this state ?

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 8:55 am
It's not, the Hercules working well on another Win 8 Computer...hope i find the solution for my pc...maybe next step new install win 8...

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 1:11 pm
This is something you should have mentioned before. The fact that you can compare between two computers is quite important.

What is the brand and model of your computer ? Did it came Windows 8 or is this an upgrade from Win 7 or XP ?

Is this Windows 8 or 8.1 ?

When you go to Device Manager, are there any elements that might not be installed properly (with a yellow ! next to them) or that seem disabled?
Do you notice anything strange under Universal Serial Bus Controllers?

Did you try again the Firmware updater ?

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 1:31 pm
System reformated and installed to Win 7 and now all is working well...thanks for the help :)

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 5:24 pm
A little radical, but glad to know that everything works now.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 7:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)