Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: The old playlists not showing up in VDJ issue (the LE story)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

davoq8ControlleristMember since 2015
Hi all. Not sure this is the right place to post this but I guess it is near enough and the word could be spread to others having the same issues. The old chestnut of the iTunes playlists not appearing in the menu bar.

I hit on upon something quite by accident having had the same problem and having tried all the solutions and/or work arounds suggested to no avail. I have a WEGO2 and what I have assumed is just a DJ8 LE version running. I tried the file rename to iTunes Music Library, no change. I tried to right click on the iTunes folder on the menu and nothing happened to change it to Search DB. What I hit upon was two options in the Settings (or Config) area under licences for the LE version if installed. One option was "Full controller, limited features" known as LE Mode; the other "Limited controller, full features" known as HOME mode. I was somehow selected as LE mode. In this setting, the iTunes folder is there and you could see all the song files in alphabetical order, but no playlists. I selected instead HOME mode and viola. On restarting DJ8 after selecting this AND having the media file names correctly as iTunes Music Library.........the playlists appeared!

Why this should be the case I have no idea. It doesn't seem a relevant or logical restriction to have with LE mode or Home mode because you ALWAYS need your playlists no matter what. Virtual DJ should correct this and let us see playlists in whatever mode the LE version allows. Please fix this VDJ guys in a new update.

Hope this helps someone else out there scratching their head like I did finding all solutions and suggestions were not working.

Cheers

David......

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 6:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)