Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: playlist bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I created a playlist in sidelist, moved them to a playlist and the order gets randomized instead of following the order in sidelist.

thanks

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 9:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Right click any of the field headings and at the top there is "resort"

@Atomix should this be one click (somewhere obvious) instead a bit of two? Maybe a playlist order field. Or maybe playlists should default to ordered?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 10:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The default sort order for playlists already is to show them in the original order.

How did you move the songs from the sidelist to a playlist?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 1:20 am
locodog wrote :
Right click any of the field headings and at the top there is "resort"

@Atomix should this be one click (somewhere obvious) instead a bit of two? Maybe a playlist order field. Or maybe playlists should default to ordered?

funny i have to to click twice of the first blank button next to "title" to get it sorted the way i wanted. thanks

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 8:46 am
Adion wrote :
The default sort order for playlists already is to show them in the original order.

How did you move the songs from the sidelist to a playlist?

not mine... when I copy from sidelist to playlist, then go select my playlist, the order gets messed.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 8:46 am
Turn "keepSortOrder" off in options.

@Atomix I think perhaps, playlists should ignore this option and always list in original order every time you access them.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 9:23 am
davoq8ControlleristMember since 2015
Hi all. Not sure this is the right place to post this but I guess it is near enough and the word could be spread to others having the same issues. The old chestnut of the iTunes playlists not appearing in the menu bar.

I hit on upon something quite by accident having had the same problem and having tried all the solutions and/or work arounds suggested to no avail. I have a WEGO2 and what I have assumed is just a DJ8 LE version running. I tried the file rename to iTunes Music Library, no change. I tried to right click on the iTunes folder on the menu and nothing happened to change it to Search DB. What I hit upon was two options in the Settings (or Config) area under licences for the LE version if installed. One option was "Full controller, limited features" known as LE Mode; the other "Limited controller, full features" known as HOME mode. I was somehow selected as LE mode. In this setting, the iTunes folder is there and you could see all the song files in alphabetical order, but no playlists. I selected instead HOME mode and viola. On restarting DJ8 after selecting this AND having the media file names correctly as iTunes Music Library.........the playlists appeared!

Why this should be the case I have no idea. It doesn't seem a relevant or logical restriction to have with LE mode or Home mode because you ALWAYS need your playlists no matter what. Virtual DJ should correct this and let us see playlists in whatever mode the LE version allows. Please fix this VDJ guys in a new update.

Hope this helps someone else out there scratching their head like I did finding all solutions and suggestions were not working.

Cheers

David......

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 6:08 pm
locodog wrote :
Turn "keepSortOrder" off in options.

@Atomix I think perhaps, playlists should ignore this option and always list in original order every time you access them.

Even with keepSortOrder on, you can have a different sort order for playlists and folders.
So you just need to right-click the column header in a playlist once and select reset sort order, after that playlists will keep being displayed in their original order, even when you sort other folders differently.

@David: The biggest limitation of the LE version in v8 is indeed the browser. If you require a fully functional browser either a Pro or a Controller license are available.

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 3:17 am
Yep aware of that fact but many aren't. Look at the language used by OP, "Random order" , It's not "what am I doing wrong?" it's "A bug"

Personally I don't care, I work out of crates, but ocd OCD O.C.D. ( ah that's better ) is rife round these parts, most people would expect a playlist in be play order no matter what.

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 5:46 am
davoq8ControlleristMember since 2015
Adion wrote :

@David: The biggest limitation of the LE version in v8 is indeed the browser. If you require a fully functional browser either a Pro or a Controller license are available.

Thanks for that. Yes, I figured that out when my controller stopped responding after 10 minutes and a message came up telling me to buy a licence for $140!!
I thought that was a bit of a cheek actually. As if a professional would be doing their business with a WEGO2! Surely VDJ would realise a WEGO user is an amateur home party type user not a pro on a top whack piece of kit more deserving of a pro licence!?

I only went to VDJ8 because I was finding these playlist problems with the 7.4.2 LE version that came in the box with the WEGO and now through ignorance and stupidity I guess I've cost myself another $140 just for it to work properly for "non-public" house party use. I am not entirely happy about that really. :(

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 6:53 am
I have seen the WeGo used professionally at parties.

That being said, even the LE version does allow you to create playlists within VirtualDJ, so while there are limitations to the browser, it's not like it's unusable for home parties.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 12:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)