Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: How about adding some of our requests into the recent builds?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Since the recent builds have gotten even more rock-solid, it appears that the latest builds have very few changes from build to build. (The latest beta has only 3 changes.)

I feel that this would be a great time to fix some of the UI stuff that we have been requesting for the last year:

- Drop shadow removal option in the timeline
- Column alignment (word align left, numbers align right)
- Revamping the search algorithm

Thoughts??

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 8:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'd say there has been quite a lot of user requested improvements implemented, stability comes first, but I agree with the thought the last few updates have been mostly polish.
Maybe they're setting the foundations.

How do you mean revamp the search? The only thing I can think of is - and |, I wouldn't use | but - would be handy.
Column alignment, I just don't get. My numbered columns are as small as possible so I just don't see a problem.
And the shadow, yeah +infinity twice on that one since day zero.

There's also some script stuff I'd like to see like a variable + a variable.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 9:28 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
The searching as I mentioned dozens of times prior is still off. If you are looking for a single word (such as Sing by Ed Sheeran), I am shown dozens of other songs with the word sing in the title. It was suggested that I use quotes around the title, however that doesn't work. They should add the ability to use quotes to focus your search results.

Not everyone shrinks their columns down, so alignment is a good thing to have.

And yes... The drop shadow! :-)

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 9:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't understand, you typed in <Sing> and got the results for sing, have you typo'd in your post?

Quote marks work here, I've quite a few songs with a swear word in the title, one of these I commented "swear swear swear"

If I type swear swear swear, I get all results with a single instance of swear in them, If I type with quotes I get only one result.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 11:14 am
+1 on removing the shadow or at least having the option to turn it on and off.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 7:24 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Be nice to have a pro skin with 8.1 with a more comprehensive selection of waveform modes.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 6:12 pm
<confused> A pro skin? Are none of the currently available skins "pro" then? </confused>

What do you mean by waveform modes? We've got songpos waves, scratch waves and rhythm waves. What's missing?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 3:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)