Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: High CPU load when changing sample bank

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Don't know if this could be called a bug, but more an observation.
When changing sample bank, the CPU meter indicates high CPU usuage. Especially if the new bank has high number of slots.
Maybe the bank switching could be given less priority, so not to sacrifice audio performance, generate glitches, etc

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 2:56 am
The CPU load will be very high during the bank change if the new bank contains high number of samples.
I would assume this could actually cause a glitch or other disturbance for the audio.

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 10:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
High CPU is normal for a Bank with large number of Samples or Samples with large filesize. Its equal to loading large songs to decks.
Have you personally noticed any sound issue/drop when changing Sample Banks ?

Keep in mind that all the Samples of a Banks are loaded into memory, same as if you were loading them to decks. So, if someone has sound issues, (probably due to a low spec computer or not well optimized) then i suppose he will choose to have less Samples per Bank ;)

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 10:04 pm
No, I had no sound issues when changing bank.
But I notice that CPU meter peaks higher when changing a bank than loading a deck.

This is probably not a big issue, just thought IF it would be possible to give the bankswap kind of lower priority just like the deckloading can be given in options.
Noone cares if it takes a second or two extra if it favours the sound (in case a little underspeced PC)

And thanx for telling that samples are loading to memory, just like a deck. Always interesting to learn more about how the app works! :)

Posted Sat 16 May 15 @ 4:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)