Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual dj 8 app simply won't work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sup everyone,
I'm running a mac book pro 13", 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. With the latest version for mac, 8.0. Also, a mxr10 and 2 turntables and a behringer controller(cmd cdv?). Virtual dj is simply not working at all for me. When I initially open the app everything is fine until I try to execute anything then the whole program just freezes. If I try to batch analyze, freeze. load a track, freeze. open a folder, freeze. anything other than let it sit and do nothing, freeze. The little things with vdj8 I could put up with, like virtual folders disappearing. No answers from ppl that actually work for vdj8 when it comes to technical issues, fine. But, now I can't even use the app. When I try to force quit, it never closes. I have to restart my whole mac and try again. I've completely uninstalled the app and reinstalled, I've update all drivers for my mixer and reinstalled it and the app still will not work. If anyone has any experience with this issue please help! I just had to cancel my first gig in years because I don't know if my software is ever going to work. I feel like I've been robbed and there's nothing I can do about it. So, if anyone has any suggestions please respond.

Posted Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 11:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does it work fine without the MXR ?

Posted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 1:03 pm
djdad wrote :
Does it work fine without the MXR ?

It's working, it's just not working stable at this point. It doesn't matter if I'm using the mxr it still runs like garbage. I just batch analyzed about 3000 songs, at the end of the process it crashed and now I have to re-analyze everything again. I'm thinking I should upgrade my ram to 8gb and see if that helps.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 12:55 am
Well, looks like things have returned to the original issue. Now I can't even load tracks to my decks. I haven't done anything different to my mac. All my settings are the same. Ever since the last update vdj8/7 will not work at all. The second I try to do anything within the app my computer freezes. It was acting funny before the last update, now it's just taking up space on my hard drive. If anyone from atomix can help please let me know what info I need to provide. The company has my money so how about some follow through and customer service.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 9:03 pm
DJDirtdog wrote :
Ever since the last update

Update of what? If you're running VDJ beta builds then things like this are par for the course - it's a beta.

You imply that it was working a build or two back.....so why not revert to that build, or even install the public version and don't use betas?

You mention having to cancel a gig. Why are you running betas on a machine which you rely on for gigs? Where was your backup equipment?

Besides, your "Controllerist" license is for home use only, not for professional use at gigs.

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 4:19 am
I installed the mc ver , and it dosnt open it says wrong system???

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 4:25 am
Please do not hijack other peoples threads.

Please post your own message, and include as much detail as possible i.e. what Mac, what OS?

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 4:32 am
goovindj,
i'm not running any beta, that would be silly for my working machine. Wasn't aware that I could go back to a previous build. I'll re-check the faq to see if a how to is in there. Even if I've paid for the licenses for my equipment and timecode I still would not be able to use vdj to do a gig?

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 7:03 am
ok, after a complete uninstall i tried version 1932 for mac and 1995 with the same issues. I also used the playlist cleaner tool and that did not help. I'm not having any issues that I know of with any other software.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 9:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)